Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Report: Kirby Smart bolsters Georgia football support staff with David Cooper addition

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageReport: Kirby Smart bolsters Georgia football support staff with David Cooper addition

ATHENS — Kirby Smart is not one for complacency, having once said, “if it ain’t broke, find a way to make it better.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a 5 * coaching hire by Smart. Woof!!!!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr. Cooper: retrieve the two 5-Star UGA recruits lost to A& M when a very good recruiter Williams left and took them with him. That will show me how good you are. Other than that all we can do is ride on your brief period to build credentials resume'...and voiced love for recruiting. CKS knows what he is doing... so he must see something in this very young "recruiter" I do not. Maybe his stint as a car salesman was helpful. I wish him well!!!

Jimbo Fisher has it in for the Dawgs....!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGA66 This is the same Kirby who saw something in Nick Williams in the first place. I feel pretty confident Kirby knows what he is doing in spite of your car salesman jab.

• YankDawgDwnUndrYankDawgDwnUndr Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

@ScoreCheck Kirby needs to be running these decisions by UGA66 before making these hires!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jimbo is a well respected NC head coach making $10 mil per. Obviously, he sees something in Kirby’s ability to hire and develop young talent. We lost a good GA. Oh well. Two players reopened their recruitment once the ban on official visits was lifted. I would have done the same thing. If this were a week before the early signing period I would be worried. In June, not so much! Jimbo vs. Kirby on the recruiting trail is not a fair fight no matter how many former Kirby coaches and GAs Jimbo has in his corner. Kirby will win the fight when the final bell rings!

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2021

Kirby should go get Nick Williams back, just to show CrookedJimbo that he can do it. And CrookedJimbo, ain't that respected any more, particularly after playing Jameis Winston, even though many girls reported him drugging them and raping them at fsu.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Touche' gentlemen. I deserved that.