Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

‘SEC Shorts’ video suggests Georgia football fans reject ‘hope,’ pokes fun

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
image‘SEC Shorts’ video suggests Georgia football fans reject ‘hope,’ pokes fun

ATHENS — The popular “SEC Shorts” video series poked fun at Georgia football in its most recent video, its main character depicting skeptical Bulldogs fans who rejects “Hope.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

This is awesome!! And SO frickin' true!

I feel for the poor boy just like I do for myself and all other diehard fans who have had their hearts ripped out and stomped on by the Dawgs year upon year!

But in 2021....a cupcake SEC schedule, a fully healthy and returning JT Daniels, a loaded offense and now dominant defense....what could possibly go wrong THIS year?!?!?

Oh, and Mike, Kirby is entering his SIXTH season...not 5th.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, spot on as always. The one about the Tennessee QB last time was funny as well.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I truly, truly, truly, believe this will FINALLY be our year! SEC and national championship season.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

She did say, "You'll get a full season of a healthy JT Daniels." I'll take that!

Now, that that's settled, can we finally get a fair game from the Ref's...

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lots of soul crushing past but I will never lose hope for the future (at my age, that future has a short fuse). I'd really like to watch us win another one on this earth instead of hoping there's SEC football available in the afterlife.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Change the culture. I believe CKS said something about that when he took the helm.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2021

This film deserves an Oscar, great work guys. It was funny and realistic. But more funny and realistic. Through all of it though, as Dawgs fan we know. Once the curse is lifted and a team locks in and wins the championship. Everyone else in the college football world will feel our wraith. Go dawgs, GATA ! LOL

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My guess is none of us fans are as broken hearted after a loss as the players.

Our Football Dawgs never break my heart much less rip it out and stomp on it.

These young students work their tails off year round to win games. They might sometimes be infected with the virus of bad luck, or have been afflicted by Rat Poison, or have suffered at the hands of bad officials doing a very bad job, but it's been a long time since a Dawg team didn't get off the bus.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean, we're kinda like the Braves in that it's always-so-close. BUT, you know what? Just look at freakin' Tennessee. Their historical record is better than ours and they've had their periods of great victories but talk about a losing streak. They took Pruitt and showed promise in 2019 with an 8-5 season, only to win 3 freaking games last year. Three. Heck, Vandy has done better than them and they really don't belong in the SEC. Jones gave them 2 nine-win seasons only to follow up with a 4 win season. Derek Dooley went 15-21 and Lane Kiffin left after a single season.

There is a WHOLE LOT for Dawg fans to get excited about. I'm hoping for a NC, but even if it doesn't happen, then it's been an amazing ride so far and a lot to look forward to.

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This video is funny and expresses exactly how I feel. Lol

• Options
    JupiterMikeJupiterMike Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Would sure be great if we won it all this year and shut the media up once and for all.

The best response to this video is we go out and play ball. No hype videos. No special uniforms. Just good ole fashioned SEC smash mouth football…with a little dynamite sprinkled in. 🤙🏻