Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National media fuels hype for two Georgia football speedsters

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageNational media fuels hype for two Georgia football speedsters

Kelee Ringo and Arian Smith both enter the 2021 season with high expectations.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Smith does well in summer/fall practices I imagine Coach Monken will find a way to get him on the field and still not waist an opportunity for the more experienced guys in front of him. Same for Ringo. But it’s possible that due to the liability of getting burned by the big passes Ringo May not get on the field in the very first game, be sure to underline the word May. It’s entirely possible that if Ringo has a great pre-season he Could see the field vs. Clemson. If he keeps working on his game I’m confident that he will get valuable playing time as the season progresses and due to the lack of depth could steal away the starting position depending on how he progresses. I’m just so glad we have these two burners as Dawgs And certainly hope that if they continue to progress they’ll both just say No to the transfer portal !! 😀 Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smith is as fast as Matthew Boling in a short sprint and we all know that's fast. Shouldn't be any DB able to run step for step with him. The rest is just delivery and catch.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2021

Both Smith and Ringo are going to see a bunch of reps this year. Smith has the vertical threat that Monken will deploy for multiple reasons.

Ringo will see a lot of game time also and may overtake the starting position mid season. He has the plus potential talent, he just needs the reps.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Define short sprint? Boling is at 6.68 sec. over 60 meters indoors. Placed first in a meet. He needs to work oh his start. Smith is at a blazing 4.38 sec. for the 40. I have no Boling 40 stats. Boling covers 100 meters in 9.97 sec. (SEC finals) Smith 10.18. Boling placed 2nd. Smith 5th. I am an Arian Smith fan but he is no match for Matthew Boling....yet. Smith is fast, however. One of the fleetest in NCAA football. Ringo is right with him. UGA is blessed with some very speedy talent....elite.