Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Four hard truths about the 2021 Georgia football team

SystemSystem Posts: 7,420 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Four hard truths about the 2021 Georgia football team

Georgia has a number of issues to workout before and during the 2021 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every top team has some "hard truths" to find out. For example BAMA lost their first round QB, tackle, RB, and top 2 receivers. Their starting Center went 2nd round as did other players in other rounds. Those are some hard truths. Anyone on here worried for BAMA that they might not get it done? Didn't think so.

Here we are again trying to hold back expectations because there are a few "unknowns".

OHIO St lost their starting QB to the 1st round of the draft and then they lost 9 more players in the other rounds including their starting RB, 2 OL, both defensive ends, a DT , 2 LB's, oh yeh, and a starting CB. Those are "hard truths". Anyone worried Ohio St might not make it back to being in the hunt this year? Didn't think so.

Come on guys. I know we still have to play the games and nothing can be taken for granted and all that, it's a grind and it's a process, etc.. but when compared to what the other best teams are having to replace, we look pretty good., wouldn't you say?

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Typical Connor passive aggressive writing or in your face negativity. Why do you still have a job as one of the beat writers for UGA? It is obvious you do not like the team or the school. Go back to your NC contending Carolina Gamecocks.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If JT Daniels remains healthy.....you will see a Heisman contender at season's conclusion. He will set new UGA QB records. Yes, he is that good. I think Connor needed one of his infamous four-games-does-not- a- trend -make articles. Looked like a trend to me. No, he is not perfect yet, but believe me he is one of if not the best in the nation. I hate this negative stuff as we come closer to the opener. We need to get behind the Dawgs...who are fielding one of the best teams ever assembled between the hedges. Clemson will soon know it has been in a "dog fight" come September. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" Sentell’s hard truth: Daniels’ limited sample size is still worth monitoring before crowning him as one of the top quarterbacks in the spot."

Agree 100% and that hard truth is my biggest concern going into the season. I was not sold on him 100% after last season, and I'm still not after all the hype. He's got work to do with his receivers, his accuracy, his decision making, and his mobility. I need to see big improvements in all those areas. BUT, having said all that, he's the best experienced QB we have currently, and he is a good one who should get better. Certainly, he's a smart guy and does his homework. I was glad to see him and some of the receivers going to CA for more work in the off-season.

The rest of the "hard truths" will work themselves out....but maybe not by the end of the Clemson game. However, we've got a pretty easy slate of opponents after the Tigers to iron out the kinks.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Couldn't agree more, but you've got to understand that these sports writers get paid to write about something, create controversy, discussion, and feed off fear and doubt. It's a tough job. HA! There are obviously oodles of examples of top teams who have won National Championships that came into their season with holes to fill and questions to answer. It happens just about every single season. No team is perfect, and no team has every hole filled just like they want it. Even undefeated and invincible Bama last season had several holes in their defense. Heck, Ole Miss took them to the wire early in the season. The Bama defense was suspect and not that good, but they gradually improved a LOT as the season progressed. And even with their offense losing a very important cog in the wheel - Waddle - pretty early on, they never skipped a beat. Next man up. They throttled their opponents and never looked back.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's really just a story line. Writers writing something because it's JUNE and they don't have any games or practices or meetings to write about, but people still have an appetite for UGA "news." So they made up something. These things are valid considerations that may or may not become real obstacles once the season begins. We'll see. Right now, it's just a bunch of guys with a laptop offering opinions. No need to get rattled. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MountainDawg could not agree more and as bad as Bama’s defense was they still managed to lead the SEC in what I consider the most important category “points per game”

Every team faces the same challenges annually. How well they do is all about roster management and player development. Daniels may save Kirby from what could have been an embarrassing season. In fact Daniels might be the missing piece that will lead to fore filling all the hopes and goals.