Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Many (but not all) Dawgs fans are ready to believe this season

2»

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

" All the pieces are certainly in place for the Dawgs to win the whole thing,” countered Richard Lee Bohannon. “Now, it’s up to the coaches to have the team prepared each week and the players to execute the plays as designed.”

Bill, I think that quote sums my opinion up nicely.

Bama predicted to win the whole thing again this season after losing a record number of players to the NFL. Amazing. Just goes to show you what a REAL winning program that believes in itself looks like compared to the DAWGS who have all the pieces together for a Championship run...yet, who hasn't quite found that true belief and winning formula.

If we can't at least play for a NC this season after playing a cupcake SEC East schedule then what's it going to take to get us there? Does it require Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney to retire??

Seriously?

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

"...“all it takes is one wrong bounce of the ball or poor decision by a coach, or key injury..." Those things cannot be controlled.

I'm still hopeful, but, yep. And, I'm no statistician, but I lean on the side of the number of close calls piling up, to eventually start indicating the likelihood of a natty.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"It could happen". What prophetic words, nothing could say more.