Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Thursday a pivotal recruiting day for Georgia football after summer lull

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageThursday a pivotal recruiting day for Georgia football after summer lull

Thursday is a very big recruiting day for the Georgia program as two major targets will announce.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Recruits want to see that Georgia belongs in the same tier as Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State"

Who can blame them?

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get Alabama and Clemson. Fair enough. But Ohio State? Yes, they won the title 7 years ago with a different coach and players who are no longer there. Since then, their results in the playoff leave no reason to think they would be any better off than Georgia if they had to face the same obstacle(s) to get TO the playoff that Georgia does every year. And I get that some may only need to see the one or two additional appearances on paper to draw a conclusion. I just don't know about stating so matter-of-factly that we're not on their level.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Part of the reason Ohio State is in that tier with Bama is the same reason Clemson is there. They don’t play in a conference with Alabama. They dominate their conferences. The national media narrative (and a criticism of recruiting rivals) is that until Georgia proves they can beat Bama— they will be a fifth or sixth ranked team. Not a credible argument, but it will gain more traction if we miss the playoffs this year.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This may be a keen insight to the obvious, but here goes.

I don't think anything in the preseason is vital for our recruiting this year.

I think the critical aspect to UGA recruiting this cycle will be on-field performance this season. If we beat Clemson and go undefeated in the regular season, I expect some top-tier recruits to reevaluate their decisions and look our way. If we put up the kind of passing numbers this year that Alabama has recently, I expect some elite receivers to start giving us a second look. If we win the SECCG and make the playoff as an undefeated team, I expect us to get a lot of recruit attention. And if we win it all, I expect to see multiple flips our way by elite prospects.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just echoing some of the same I’ve read here. If you win Big they will come. If you win Big and Consistently they will come consistently. This is not really some sort of ultimatum on KS or anything , I’m very glad he’s the HC at UGA. But from what I’ve seen in most cases, yes there are some exceptions, it’s true. Winning big and also consistently will bring the elite recruits. There’s still plenty of time I think KS and staff will once again end up with a very good to possibly great 2022 class. But it makes us fans want to pull our hair out sometimes how the process goes lol !! 😀

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@E_Roc to this point both Clemson and OSU do a very good job in developing players and getting them to the league. They also win their conference championships. They win in the first round of the playoffs and have won National Championships in the current format. Unfortunately UGA has not done this, so it does impact what tier one ends up in.

The idea that some how those teams have an unfair advantage because they do not play in the SEC sounds more and more like an excuse with each passing year. UGA believes they own the East. Where the problem comes in is when they must face the winner of the West.

One can only hope this year will be different.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang it, UGA needs some great news on the recruiting trail. Some others didn't want to become a Dawg, sure hope the two that are declaring their choses today want to.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Robinson is a DAWG! Now if UGA can reel in Dani Dennis-Sutton it will be a Great day for UGA..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To clarify my prior post, I’m not trying to put “win or else” pressure on the Dawgs. I’m just saying that I’m not sweating anything that happens in the next couple of months, recruiting-wise. I think we have a great opportunity to impress this season, and, if we do, then we’ll reap benefits on the recruiting trail.