Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Elite RB prospect Branson Robinson has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Elite RB prospect Branson Robinson has made his college decision

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watched the commitment ceremony, welcome to the DAWG family young man! Wise decision..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent news! Welcome to DAWG Nation Branson!!

Always good to beat out ole' Rocky Top in just about anything football!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Chubb comparison is obvious enough. But I'm also getting a Swift vibe from this guy. Not really in his playing style, but more in the way he's positioned in this recruiting class. "Only" the #4 rated RB (which I think Swift also was). But when you watch him, he just looks like he may very well be the most all-around college-ready 'back out there. Very happy to have him on board.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some very needed good news on the recruiting front. Hope to hear of some more good news at 5:00 P.M. + today. You will love Athens young man.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not trying to be Debbie downer but I'm gonna throw down some Richard Marx on ya'll

"know what I'm saying dawg" Here it is, get ready

" don't mean nothing till you sign it on the dotted line"

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He has an explosive first few steps with very good speed. Very powerful through arm tackle attempts and has really good field vision. He is pretty shifty but change of direction may be his weakest skill trait. That's understandable considering his speed and size. Besides, he won't need to change directions that often, he can Herschel them over. Actually, Branson reminds me a little more of an Emmitt Smith and the number on his jersey has nothing to do with that thought. I expect this young man to be one of the all-time great running backs to don the RBU uniform! Welcome to Dawgnation Big Dawg!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YES! YES! GREAT NEWS!

Thank you, Mr. Robinson! Welcome to the Dawg family!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DeppDawgDeppDawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Well yippee! Nice of the Dawgs to finally win one, even if they have to go to MS to do it, while the state continues to bleed talent and the team we're supposed to "take down" - namely AL - signs perhaps the best signing class in the history of college football.

NEXT: All the talk about how UGA's roster stacks up against Alabama and how, based on that, it might be "this year" for UGA to finally beat them. Question: Is it impossible for Kirby to win a game w/o an overwhelming superiority in talent? AL did it to UGA a while ago, remember? What coach in a natty replaces his starting QB at halftime? Would KS ever have made such a move? How about out-playing and out-scheming another team? Is that something UGA simply can't do?

Yeah, like most fans, I'm tired of the excuses and the "analysis." You win the game or you don't. AL does. UGA does not.

Time for that to change. Or become another version of the hated Gators, up and down under-achievers waiting for "next year" to get over the "hump" known as the elephant.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He and Kendall Milton should team up. I also see that Nick Chubb running style. Good to have Branson in the Dawg House. RBU looking good!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very good news indeed.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard! It's hard to reach a Chubb level of love in our hearts, but I really believe that Branson can definitely become a beloved Dawg just like Chubby

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DeppDawg …Guess I’ll get flushed down the drain with you but what you say is true. It’s time for Georgia to step up and reach down deep within themselves and win the big game. This goes for both players and the coaching staff. I love Kirby as our coach and wouldn’t want any other. Hopefully this year we see him start making some better adjustments offensively though. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CDawg09CDawg09 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Can’t wait to see you tote the rock and lay that wood to the SEC and beyond. Go DAWGS!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can definitely run between the tackles with a burst of speed up the gut. Can see the comparisons to Chubb.