Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tony Barnhart: ‘A lot riding on’ Clemson, Kirby Smart growth at Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageTony Barnhart: ‘A lot riding on’ Clemson, Kirby Smart growth at Georgia

HOOVER, Ala. — Kirby Smart has grown into one of the senior members of the SEC coaching fraternity, building Georgia football into a superpower in the process.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“I think the Clemson game is huge, (because) if Georgia can find a way to beat Clemson, the schedule sets up really nicely for them,” Barnhardt said.

I wonder if Clemson has to find a way to beat Georgia? Just asking.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Curious who the Bozo is who keeps coming on here down voting after someone makes a sensible comment. Been going on a while now.

Go Dawgs

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

It still remains a 2 game season to reach the CFP. I think we all have known this for some time.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby, I think that tie is getting tighter...

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

You misspelled Barnhart’s name at least six times.

Keep up the good work.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Call us a ''superpower if you want. In my opinion till we win these critical games we're in the 2nd tier of college football teams. NO TEAM has more at it's disposal now than we do. It's all about how good Kirby and his staff is at evaluating players, training them, motivating them, game planning and play calling. If we're equal to Bama's staff in those areas we should beat them this season. we have more 5 star talent that is mature and starting, we have 7 starters on defense who were 5 star recruits on 247's composite. Nobody else has close to that many.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"If the DAWGS can find a way to beat Clemson? " You mean like an old man wandering around his yard looking for something that fell out of his pocket?

I would say, "if Clemson can find a way to beat the DAWGS."

It's the narrative we have to change and it starts the first game of the year.

• Options

@reddawg1 you are correct about the narrative. The current narrative is based on performance. I am sure no one associated with Clemson is questioning their ability to win this game. From their perspective, they don’t need to fine a way to win. It is up to Kirby to find a way to win. At this point, this would seem to be reasonable as Clemson is both the higher ranked team and the betting favorite. It is also true that failing to win cuts the margin for error for both teams to about zero. Because how difficult it is to win the SEC compared to the ACC, Georgia needing to find a way to win is a pretty accurate statement.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we can't beat Clemson with all our returning D-linemen and edge rushers and LB's and Lewis Cine and the new transfers, not to mention possibly the 1st or 2nd QB taken in the draft, a host of top notch running backs, 2 budding star receivers, then let's just throw in the towel on ever beating them.

What do we do? Just hope for the year they lose 10 players in the draft?

Enough of this non-sense.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Clemson usually has the type of schedule we have this season, you guys should be a bit more optimistic.

• Options

@reddawg1 you really are high on Daniels. I question if he is taken in the top 5.