Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Mild-mannered Eric Stokes drops ‘blood bath’ line on Texas, Oklahoma SEC addition

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageMild-mannered Eric Stokes drops ‘blood bath’ line on Texas, Oklahoma SEC addition

ATHENS — NFL first-round pick Eric Stokes was known best at Georgia in his interviews for his constant praise of teammates and uplifting outlook on most every issue.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

I agree 100% with Eric. Oklahoma nor Texas face SEC Caliber talent on a weekly basis in the big12. Other than those 2, who do they have? Oklahoma State? Texas Tech? Baylor? West Virgini? Iowa State? All of those schools would be middle of the pack teams in the SEC. Oklahoma..maybe, Texas a long shot to be anymore successful in the SEC, than they currently are in the big12.

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tell 'em Eric. Had they played during the regular season, it's doubtful Texas could have even hung with the Dawgs for more than 2 quarters.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I give Texas their due. They beat us. No excuses.

I say bring back the Southwest Conference.

Happy shaves,

Jim

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

I agree, The SWC with Texas, Oklahoma,Texas A&M, Arkansas, and Nebraska back in the day was a top conference. Much stronger conference than the big12 is today. Makes too much sense for the backwards ncaa, to approve bringing back the SWC back.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The game in reference was the Sugar Bowl 2019 in which a broken and demoralized team went to New Orleans and quit. Coach Smart let Deandre Baker, the ring leader for the demoralization, prance all over the place in Athens and New Orleans showing the team "Hey I quit the team why don't you!".

Having Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC will negatively affect the top teams like Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia and Florida. Bring back the Southwest Conference!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NCAA can be rightly blamed for many things, but it is NOT the reason the SWC no longer exist. If those teams wanted to get it back together, they could. But does anyone seriously think that Texas, OU and Arkansas want to put that band back together? I think not. Soon, the big boys (and maybe not even all of them) will set up their own football-only league while the NCAA will handle all the other sports. I don't necessarily like the idea of having Texas or OU in the SEC (mainly because Texas folks will soon think they run things because they do have A LOT of money), but if they're going to leave the Big 12 anyway, they might as well come to the SEC.