Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Pooch kicks: SEC upheaval, and an unseen opponent this season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imagePooch kicks: SEC upheaval, and an unseen opponent this season

Adding two teams to the conference likely is too lucrative an idea to pass up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Joining the SEC will awaken the sleeping Texas monster. All of those instate five-stars will no longer have to choose between going to Austin or playing in the SEC.

Texas A&M is as good right now as they’ve been in a hundred years.

There is a reason for that.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

One more thought, being “inside the geographic footprint” is a hindrance to being invited, because it doesn’t add more of a TV audience.

Missouri and A&M were not invited IN SPITE of being outside the footprint, but because of it.

Also, there are already rumors that Clemson, FSU, and Ohio State(!) and Michigan(!) have expressed some interest in joining the SEC.

The last two may seem extremely far-fetched, but then again OU and Texas seemed that way a week ago.

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

Classof98, you are correct about that being how the conference leaders decided who to add last time. My reference to the geographic footprint was part of my own preference, since I like the fan bases being close to one another.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sankey in 2024, please!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

We will see four divisions & rather than trying to pick the two best teams out of a huge tie break mess, we will see a semi final & championship game with the winner seeing an automatic bid to the CFP. I also see the Power 5 becoming the Power 4 all receiving a CFP bid & bye & 8 wild card teams given to the highest rated remaining teams.

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article Bill. Would love to see Clemson in the SEC, let’s trade Vandy! LSU, Clemson, Auburn & Mizzou—-The tiger Pod.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey that is both an excellent observation and question. For the life of me, I do not nor understand the draw OSU has in the south.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

They’ve been good at putting DBs and WRs in the NFL as of late.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of these changes to college football could be the beginning of the end of college football as we know it. Oh well. Sometimes traditions do matter.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would love it if we could host every SEC at least once every 4 years. The current rotation of once every 12 years stinks.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sankey also said he wants Federal legislation to deal with NIL issues. I think he is crazy asking for the feds to get involved. That is inviting the fox into the hen house. Clearly he is not thinking straight about either expansion or NIL. Greg is starting to think that he is smarter than everyone else. Might be time for him to go.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with adding Clemson to the SEC and FSU would be a great fit too. BTW....to the fans who want to “dump Vandy”....that’s a terrible idea. Nashville is easily the best town for a road trip and tickets are cheap and easy to find. Also, Vandy may not be ultra competitive in football, but they are pretty good in many other sports.....especially baseball. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Texas is licking it's chops. Poor Ole Razarbacks. Get stuck with Texas and Oklahoma.