Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Potential Texas, Oklahoma additions could greatly impact future Georgia schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imagePotential Texas, Oklahoma additions could greatly impact future Georgia schedule

A move to the SEC for Texas and OKlahoma would have significant changes on Georgia's future schedule.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I personally dislike the pod idea, but like moving Auburn and Bama to the East and Missouri to the West. Then play a 9 game schedule with 2 crossover games which would assure we’d play all teams in the West every 4 years. This would retain most of the significant rivalry games except LSU vs the Lizards 🦎 and that may not be an issue based on what Mullet recently said about the game. I think he’s upset because “shoe throwing” is not an official Olympic event. I hear the argument that it will be difficult to win the East with Bama there, but that assumption is based on Bama will be great forever. Don’t forget, if we go to a 12 team playoff then we don’t have to win the East and/or SEC CG to make it to the playoffs. I think we are easily in with a 11-1 record and likely in if we go 10-2 with the brutal competition. Go Dawgs and forget the pods.

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

I, too, favor moving Alabama and Auburn to the East ( and Missouri to the West ) if the expansion does really happen ( I am not in favor of adding them, but really don't want them elsewhere ). Texas has not been a "team player" in the Big 12 ( nor was it when in the Southwest Conference ), and I wonder if that will change ( or will they be a "problem child" in the SEC ). Arkansas, A&M, and Missouri will be hurt by this, but I also wonder if Texas and Oklahoma will share the same fate as Miami and Florida State did when they joined the ACC ( for some reason, they seemed to have a drop-off in their success ). Are Texas and Oklahoma ready for the weekly SEC grind?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

Worrying about a geographical "fit".. How are Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, considered a geographic fit? Last time I checked, none of those states are in the SouthEast region of the United States..

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a great idea!!!! Let's just keep the SEC as is without any more additions. I don't want to see great rivalry games being screwed with. I know! I know! It's all about the money, and money talks. But sadly, greed is killing college football.

#MoreMoneyMoreProblems

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the end of college football as we know it.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is no chance this helps Georgia and they should vote NO. Clemson and Ohio States would love this as they still play nobody while we have the hardest schedule in the universe.

• Options
    swimalumdawgswimalumdawg Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Don't want Texas , Oklahoma or anyone else added to the S.E.C. , let the Big 12 do its own thing. Leave the S.E.C. alone.

swimalumdawg

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Petesdawgs you probably would get some push back from all of the West division teams about having the hardest schedule in the universe. Let’s face it, the East, unfortunately, is not a real powerhouse.