Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jordan Rodgers: JT Daniels to have a ‘Joe Burrow-type of season’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageJordan Rodgers: JT Daniels to have a ‘Joe Burrow-type of season’

HOOVER, Ala. — JT Daniels is on a meteoric rise and is going to have a Joe Burrow-type of season at Georgia this season, according to ESPN analyst and former Vanderbilt quarterback Jordan Rodgers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comparing Daniels to Burrow's last season, at this point, is too much. Burrow's had a great season but that team was also very fortunate in the injury department. Yes, they did have top players injured, but they also got almost all of them back at just the right time. It was about as close to a perfect season as any team could have. They had the skill and they got the lucky breaks necessary for any team to accomplish what they did.

I hope Rodgers is right but that's a high bar to set for a QB who hadn't played in a full year and only has 4 games under his belt.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMHO: Pickens made Daniels look better than he actually was. TIME and TIME again Pickens made awesome plays that the majority of WRs just simply cannot make.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

From Jordan’s lips to god’s ears.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would counter with, Daniels knew Pickens could make those plays and those passes were by design. Why wouldn't you take advantage of the skills of an elite receiver who's capable of out jumping and using his body to shield the defender from the ball.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess there are several approaches us fans can take about the upcoming season and whatever JT and the DAWGS accomplish.

1. Wait and see approach- "I'll believe it when I see it." Thanks for the enthusiasm.
    2. The skeptic- "small sample size for JT", "Pickens made him look better than he is." If that is the case, receivers have been making him look good all his life. Let's hope they keep doing that again this year.
    3. Cautiously optimistic, you believe this year might be special but you're not ready to go all in quite yet for fear of the Dawgs slipping up and you getting your feelings hurt. Similar to : You're afraid to approach the pretty girl who is smiling at you and giving you every indication she's interested in you, but you're so afraid of getting hurt you don't want to take the risk. You'll just wait and see if she makes the first move.
    4. Believe that this is our year and nothing is going to stop us and JT will have a huge breakout season. "Come on in fellers, the water's fine."
  • LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

This is truly the 1st season that Kirby has every single thing a coach needs to win it all. Previous seasons were always imperfect and had 1 or 2 major issues with the roster, but not this year. CKS has everything he needs to win it all, no excuses this year.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As goes the O-Line so goes JT, the entire offense and frankly the season. I cannot wait for September 3rd!!!!