Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stock Report: Georgia makes gains amid turbulent offseason

SystemSystem Posts: 11,048 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageStock Report: Georgia makes gains amid turbulent offseason

An offseason filled with sweeping changes has changed the face of college football, but Georgia appears to remain standing tall among annual championship contenders.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

Totally agree and have been saying that for months now. I'm not sold on JT 100%. Decision making, accuracy, and mobility all need improvement quickly this season. I do think his off-season work with his receivers will pay huge dividends.

Concerning the playoffs, we need to see it expanded if the Dawgs are to get in on a fairly consistent basis. Simple as that. Otherwise, with the addition of OK and TX (and potentially others), the competition just got tougher to win the SEC.

• HowlnwoofHowlnwoof Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

DFL 1988, I have a feeling that you are a seriously "glass half empty kind of analyst". JT had a far better season than anyone expected under his circumstances. Let's see what he has with a year under his belt with Monken and his new and improved receivers.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Anybody criticizing Daniels for last season must not be factoring in, there was no Spring practice- Install of a brand new offensive scheme. It was Daniels first game experience in a full year and he didn't receive first team reps until just before his first start - last 4 games of the season. Moreover he was recovering from knee surgery, which limited his mobility and everybody knows it takes players recovering from knee surgery a while to trust their injured knee.

That's a lot of built in negatives - all of which were no fault of JT and all of which he overcame well enough to go 4-0 winning every game he started. I just don't know how you could ask any more considering the circumstances.

On the other side of the coin, anyone putting JT at the top of the Heisman list based off of only 4-games is asking too much.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Should be a most interesting season. Fortunately Daniels does not have to face a lot of quality defenses. UF, Arkansas, and Auburn along with Clemson will tell us just how good he is going to be and how far Georgia will go.