Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers from first scrimmage

SystemSystem Posts: 10,476 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers from first scrimmage

Georgia football held its fall scrimmage of 2021 on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like a mixed bag after the first scrimmage. We need everyone back next Saturday for Round 2. After that we'll find out on September 4th which team is better prepared. Like Kirby said, injuries this time of year are commonplace amongst all teams...not to be used as an excuse for failure.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Missing practice because of a funeral, as Kendrick did, shouldn't be placed in the same category as an injury. Unless it's his own funeral. Injuries are commonplace this time of year, but hopefully most of these will be temporary setbacks. Especially encouraged about Ericson and hopeful that Kearis Jackson will be a go soon, too. Not sure what to think about Kimber. I had a feeling he was actually winning the battle to be the other starting corner but with a shoulder injury, I don't know.

A general question, though, for anyone: Is Carroll going to be a permanent defensive back? If so, does that mean that he wasn't as good a running back as initially thought, or does it mean that he's so good of an athlete that the quickest way to the field is at DB -- a new position for him?

• Options
    Hedges27Hedges27 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm sorry but I'm confused with the lack of depth at receiver and pass catchers narrative. I don't buy it it all! I think its a position the quite frankly has too much depth (like every position at Georgia)! Which is why Robertson, Bush and Landers all transfered (and all are starting quality receiver even if not at UGA especially Robertson!). KJack was our leading receiver and Burton our 3rd leading reciever return. Arian Smith a speed burner who reminds me of Mecole. Rosemy is healthy and a big body. JRob is a big body. AD Mitchell who had huge spring and so far camp definitely has the trust of JT Daniels. It seems like we are just being extra cautious with Blaylock because we can afford to. That's 6 guys right there. Not mentioning others like Meeks, McConkey etc. That's a lot of depth without mentioning Pickens (who even with 1st round talent only produced 400 yards of offense. Not hard to replace that production and I assume he will be back by the SEC championship) or Arik Gilbert. We also have 3 very talented tight ends who more than deserve some targets. Hell Darnell should give you 400-500 recieving yards alone (he reminds of Leonard Pope). Our backs totaled about 350 recieving yards last year (that number needs to double and they were open a lot last year). I wouldn't mind having packages with Cook or KMC split out wide. Maybe everyone needs something talk about. But depth at receivers and pass catchers are not a problem for UGA. Prayers to Arik as well can't wait to see him on the field!