Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football injuries to Darnell Washington, Tykee Smith impact Clemson opener

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injuries to Darnell Washington, Tykee Smith impact Clemson opener

Georgia football could be without two top key players following the injury to Darnell Washington and Tykee Smith.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rinse and repeat. 🙄 Go Dawgs!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next man up!

GO DAWGS!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BornADawg I call it Deja Vu Reporting. LOL!

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anybody hurt at Clemson besides the backup QB?

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with all of the dawgnation people that have the “next man up mentality”. This is football, injuries are par for the course for every team. Sure it seems we’ve had more than our fair share, but that’s life as a team in the SEC. I can’t understand all the talk of how bad off we are when the season has barely begun. We will have very talented players suiting up for Clemson even if these injured players can’t make it back, and the players stepping up will get valuable experience against a great team. This could be very fortuitous later this season. I believe the Dawgs play Clemson well even if we are missing starters. And besides, even if we lose to Clemson it doesn’t kill our season, barring we don’t get destroyed. Our schedule sets up great so win the SEC and the Dawgs are in wether they beat Clemson or not. Enough with the doom and gloom talk so early! The Dawgs will step up to the challenge. Like many commenters have said before me “Next Man Up”. I firmly believe that philosophy and I would imagine all out our players and coaches do as well. Go Dawgs!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s all cool……we will beat Clemson with our back-ups and face them again in the playoffs with our starters.

Go Dawgs and next man up!!!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

As you said Connor, football is a game of adjustments. We'll see how good our coaching and young elite players really are against the Tigers. I'm looking forward to seeing them step up to the challenge and get some real game experience.

Everyone stop the whining and the sky is falling mentality. Injuries are not excuses for non-peformance when you've been recruiting the best players in the country year-after-year. Our cupboards are pretty full with or without injuries. My expectations and goals for the season haven't changed. Let's go out and perform our best and see what happens. I still think we stack up pretty well against Clemson and CAN win the game. Bowers, Brini, Fitzpatrick, Ringo, etc...all studs. JT needs to live up to the hype, and our defense needs to cause havoc.

• TommyTommy Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Getting hurt in a game is one thing it’s terrible to see it happen to anyone. I can remember injures replayed over and over “27” just being among the latest! Win lose or draw OUR team seems to self destruct at practice, yearly, dampening our spirited “this is our year” notions! Injuries will happen but we don’t hear much from the elite schools with seemingly epidemic of injuries. I wonder why they’re self destructing dulling the razors edge before the battles begin? I am very curious about how practicing in a walking boot or incased hand can improve or sharpen a players skills. The media builds the pedestal and the bullseye these kids suffer from the music from sports industry storytelling! So and So got a 7 figure NIL deal shouldn’t that be off- limits, nobody’s business but old So and So. Think someone may take a dirty dive at So and So’s legs with that in mind.