Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart provides optimistic update on Georgia football pass catchers after second scrimmage

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart provides optimistic update on Georgia football pass catchers after second scrimmage

Kirby Smart did not provide any specifics on the seemingly growing list of injuries among Georgia’s pass catchers. But his words did at least provide some reason for optimism.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds pretty good on the offense although kind of vague. Glad to hear the scrimmage was better than last week...at least on the offensive side.

I'm also glad to hear Kirby come out and say this:

“JT’s for the most part has had pretty good rhythm with his guys,” Smart said. “You can make excuses all the time, but people are injured in football, so you go play with the guys that are out there. They got to throw all summer. All the guys were out there all summer. "

All the receiver guys were out there ALL summer. So JT needs to perform. There will be no excuses used for not having a rhythm with his receivers or enough practice time with them. I don't want to hear that excuse, and I'm glad to see Kirby nip that one in the rear.

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m excited to hear so many positive things about Justin Robinson. I feel he will become a special player. I’m worried about the TE situation, but encouraged to hear that Bowers is doing well. If the others can’t go a lot could be asked of Bowers, but I know he is talented so I’m optimistic

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wouldn’t read it as ALL receivers have been available all summer, but that he’s had guys all summer; everyone has had had SOME availability, and some more than others. Either way, there should be a good bit tucked into our pockets to make stuff happen.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's all coming together - what gloom and doom do we have to look forward to for the next two weeks? Anyone who has played competitive football knows that everyone has nicks and bruises after the first day of practice. I can assure you that Clemson has many of the same nicks and bruises that we have, their fanbase is a little more optimistic than ours because of the NCs in recent years.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m really excited to see Brock Bowers play. From all the comments it sounds like he is a beast and will create chaos for opponents. He may be our big surprise…..especially since Arik is questionable. Go Dawgs and Go Brock!!!