Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arik Gilbert’s mentor: ‘He needs your prayers and your positivity’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageArik Gilbert’s mentor: ‘He needs your prayers and your positivity’

Terrence Edwards, one of UGA’s greatest all-time receivers, has a message for Bulldogs fans about Arik Gilbert.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nobody else can know what each one of us is dealing with. Just give it to God and listen for his guidance.

Get well soon Arik. And pay no attention to the negative...

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Terrence…..your comments were much needed. Go Dawgs and Good Luck Arik!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Edwards. This personal issue is between Arik, his family, and those Arik decides to include in that group..Period. Prayers, and best wishes for your future Arik..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Praying for Arik and his family.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Praying for Arik to embrace all the ways God has blessed him, physically, mentally and spiritually. I pray that God, who has all wisdom, would continue to bless him so that he will know that he has an earthly purpose that is not liminal, but is being inculcated to him to bless both him and God as well, and it is in the strong name of Jesus Christ, our Savior that I pray these things.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2021

Terrence don't believe that all of those guys are Dawgs - some may be Dan Mullen lol, still trying to get Gilbert.

Again, I hope where ever Arik plays college football, he has 2 more great seasons, puts on a show at the Combine and has a long and fulfilling professional career. I do hope Arik makes it back to Athens for those 2 seasons. Arik and Darnell, when healthy, could just get us over the top.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am behind Arik 100%. He is in my prayers for speedy recovery form what issues he has. Can't wait to have him back!!!

• Options
    Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

I hope what ever issues he is going through he is able to see them through and finds acceptance in what ever Gods plans are.

As for football its a game and in the big picture of life means nothing

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think for the most part posters at Dawgnation have been respectful and supportive. Hopefully Arik will get through this and have a long career ahead of him.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

God bless him and he has my prayers.

To me, the "next man up" thing is only for the team.

• Options
    4eva_a_DAWG4eva_a_DAWG Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Dawg Nation has your back Arik, praying for you and your family. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand and I certainly haven't said anything negative about Arik... BUT, you have to understand that we're human beings. We can't just pray for someone and give warm wishes when it's a generic "personal issue". Guess what? We ALL have personal issues and my boss needs to know more than that to get time off, your local school sports coach isn't going to accept that the star player can't play because of "person issues" and even your church members aren't going to pray for someone without knowing why.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but I'm just being realistic here. Jamie Newman had "personal issues" last year, should we have prayed for him?

I get that we don't have a right to that info and I hope for the best for him, but it's also frustrating when you don't know why.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jamie Newman had personal issues last year? What? Newman responded to 2 things ignorantly. 1) No one knew what the pandemic's level of risk and seriousness was so he made a business decision to opt out. 2) He listened to the hype and the wrong people who mistakenly said he was a 1st rd draft choice and decided the risk was too great. He made a (bad) business decision. It was not about "personal issues". Personally, I was excited to see him play for UGA and I think he would've done well had he worked and stayed healthy. He didn't want to take any risk. Mostly out of ignorance.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pretty much agree with you @kirkhilles. I do believe I can say a prayer for someone without knowing exactly what their issue or concern is (and have done it many times), but it is simply human nature to wonder or speculate what a person is going through. That's especially true of a high-profile athlete on a high-profile college or pro team, especially when it's YOUR favorite college or pro team. I think when people take their own speculation or rumors and spew them out as definitive facts, that can be dangerous. But simply speculating about what's going on, that's just the way it is. And when someone says "personal issues," that can range from mental health to physical health to even legal issues, and everything in between. As fans, I don't believe we have a "right" to know everything that's going on, but we are certainly entitled to speculate about the situation without being judged for it by Terrence Edwards or anyone else.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Social media is nothing more than innuendo and rumors. A persons personal life is their business and no one else's. If you can't say something positive about UGA players, then why say anything at all? 99% of Dawg fans are praying for you AG. Please consider the other 1% are rude and inconsiderate.