Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 reasons Georgia football should beat Clemson

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Expect Clemson to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly, to try to nullify any kind of pass rush. They will take a shot or two downfield on seemingly run downs. But mostly short 5,6,7 yard passes and try to spring the receiver. It will be a chess match for Lanning(CKS). If we don't blitz they may throw it deeper and if we do, they'll just hit a slant or short square in type route.. I expect us to stop the run(if we don't it will be a long night).

Reminiscent of the Cincy game.

We put up 35 and I think we'll be OK. Gotta keep scoring.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I understand the comments then this year’s defense will actually be better than last years. From a statically standpoint I can see that as not as many teams are on the schedule that have dynamic offenses.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I've got Georgia 24 Clemson 12 in a game similar to Alabama vs Clemson in 2017. I think Georgia's defense smothers Clemson's 1 dimensional game.

• Options
    JohnOdom82JohnOdom82 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I think it’s bad Karma to publish articles with titles like this. I don’t see this kind of stuff on Clemson’s Tigernet. I hope the team doesn’t eat this crap, and thankfully I’m sure they don’t. Let’s play the game on the field, not on the internet.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Clemson does not have the edge on defense, imo. They MIGHT have one in the secondary, but UGA's 2nd level is A LOT better. The DL is probably a wash, so that side of the ball might just be one, as well.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“And again, it was Mississippi State. Nuff said.” Nope. I was at that game. Whatever the rest of their season looked like, those kids came for an upset. Had me squirming in my seat the whole game. Offense AND defense. Any given Saturday, anyone can take home a W, and those MS State boys knew what they were doing not to give us ours too easily.