Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Carson Beck: Everything you need to know about the Georgia quarterback heading the UAB game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageCarson Beck: Everything you need to know about the Georgia quarterback heading the UAB game

Carson Beck is expected to play a very big role in the Georgia offense on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How do we go directly from the “JT hasn’t missed a beat” article to this?

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 187 ✭✭✭ Junior

Because these writers don't know as much as they think they do.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wouldn't be shocked if JT plays maybe 2 series and they sit him. And he may not even throw, unless needed on 3rd and long. But this whole article is irrelevant, if it was a serious injury, report it. But if it's something like sore shoulder or something like a tender pectoral muscle. Leave it be and stop blowing everything way out of proportion. Personally, I'd love to see what Beck could do. But these back to back to back articles about JT having a little soreness is tiresome. I hope he recovers soon and is good to go next week.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope we see JT for a bit, then Beck and then Vandagriff. I also hope both Beck and Vandagriff are allowed to throw.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

What would UGA football be without high drama?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whether or not JT plays limited snaps Saturday, it's always a good idea to give the backup some playing time in a real game. You never know when he may be asked to step in permanently. I'm ready to see Beck and possibly Vandagriff get some reps.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

think he got his intended results

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This would be an excellent game to give Beck + Vandagriff as many reps as possible. Even if JT is at 90%+, give him the day off or at least swap him out after a quarter.

There'd be nothing worse than having him turn it into a major injury on the field while we have a 14+ point lead.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well we can armchair with the best of them, right? Next season, it will be Beck or Vandagriff. Let's get a peak at what we can expect. If Carson is a gunslinger...let him gunsling. I know Brock is very mobile with a rocket arm. Carson is not as mobile nor as physically athletic...but he is accurate from what I can see. He has a year on Brock and knows the playbook as well. UAB would be a good team to ply their skills against. JT can mend.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good grief really! Let's just get get after it. 😎

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These DawgNation writers are writing because they honestly don't know what's up, but they don't want to fall behind their competition by not reporting anything. So they're coming up with basically made up, what-if kind of stories that basically say, "JT Daniels is OK, but if he isn't and can't play, this guy, Beck, is pretty good so UGA fans shouldn't panic." But they don't have any real news to report on the situation. But I am curious about one thing. If indeed JT was actually injured during a pre-season scrimmage, might THAT be a reason why we didn't see any attempts at any deep passes against Clemson? I know the reason the team gave, but the fact that they didn't at least ATTEMPT a pass or two of more than 20 yards is startling when you think about it. Maybe they just didn't want to aggravate the injury and with the defense playing the way it did, they were able to get away with it. Just a thought. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If JT’s injury occurred in the second scrimmage, that’s almost a month ago. He played against Clemson and there was no mention of an injury. Kirby is very calculated in all he says to the press. He comes out for the UAB presser and says Beck is the number two QB. Then, he sends out players who say JT and Carson are splitting reps with the ones. If Dawg Nation is in a quandary about which QB will play and how much, it’s logical to think Bill Clark and the UAB staff are wondering the same thing and now having to prepare for two QB possibilities. Very smart and very Saban-like!

• Options
    Gordon767Gordon767 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Do you have to pay for these articles now? All i see is kroger ads