Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia coach Kirby Smart could turn to tested QB Stetson Bennett with JT Daniels out

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“…with JT Daniels out.” Yet, JT Daniels is not out according to anyone that matters. It’s obvious Mike Griffith desperately needs clicks to justify his employment. He often resorts to intentional misleading headlines almost every week. With so little credibility himself, what does that say about his sources that supposedly give him his info that is usually nothing more than third hand internet trash from the rumor mill.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not to beat a dead horse..................but click bait.................again................from a lazy writer. Not that this will change anything. Good writers find stories, bad writers re-hash, re-package, re-write the innuendo of the day.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beck starts if JT can't go to gain valuable game experience. Beck has some wheels and would be nice to see our quarterback pick up some yards when the passing routes are covered. If JT starts get up by 14-21 and put in Beck to save JT for the games he needs to be 100% healthy.

• Options
    Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

I appreciate all that Stetson has done. But sincerely hope that Beck is given the start. He is #2 on the depth chart and he should start the game. The kid has done everything right and should be given the chance to prove he is worth of the start. And, I hope Vandegriff finishes the game up by running the entire 4th quarter.

Unlike many out there, I'm not fretting about this game. Fully expect Georgia to take it to UAB all day.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is Mike baiting us? Stetson Bennett starting this Saturday would be moronic. We need to look to the future with our quarterbacks. Thank you Stetson for all your work. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love how all these readers are shooting the messenger. This isn't to start a controversy, Griffin is reporting what he was told and his job is to generate readership through views of his article, mission accomplished. Thank you Mike for all your HARD WORK!!!

Regarding Bennett starting, probably won't start because he isn't the future but he is our insurance policy, a la Arkansas. He will be ready to come in if Beck struggles and we need to be bailed out from a sneaky good UAB team. I'd take UAB (+24) and the under (44) on this game (I actually put my money where my mouth is on the under).

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for all the feedback. Just reporting what sources are telling me. It's not my decision who to start. Kirby Smart could change his mind 3 times before kickoff. But people have been told Bennett is starting, and I'm providing you all the background on how it has gotten to this point.

Enjoy the game!