Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report card: Georgia football takes UAB to school in 56-7 win, ‘Mailman’ Stetson Bennett delivers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,540 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageReport card: Georgia football takes UAB to school in 56-7 win, ‘Mailman’ Stetson Bennett delivers

ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart studied UAB closely leading up to Saturday’s game at Sanford Stadium knowing his team would be tested.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on Mike...give the team an A. You are so stingy when it comes to team marks. Even the UAB coach said UGA outsmarted them. This was a stellar performance by UGA....as a unit. Clicking on all cylinders. The game was never in doubt from Stetson's the first throw to Brock handing off as tail gunner. "A"

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Regardless of UAB’s defensive experience and stacking the box, our OL with all their stars should have manhandled that bunch in the run game.

When Beck made a F- effort to preserve the shutout on the pick six, that showed me all I need to know about what he has between his ears. Brock needs to be ready, if JT leaves, this will be his team next year!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe score wasn't exactly indicative of some of the play. THeir defenseive line pretty much stopped the run. Our 4 and 5 star O-linemen didn't get much of a push up front. I would go so far as to say their O-line opened up several gaping holes against our vaunted defense where a runner wasn't touched for the first 5 yards. Now we closd quickly, and we stopped them when we had to , but in all honesty they ran better against us than Clemson did.

MAybe we should hire their O-Line coach.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our running game and field goal kicking has definitely got to get better. I am puzzled why we haven't been playing much better in those two areas. I hope we get it going next week. Let's get it going, Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At the risk of sounding unappreciative, I thought the defense as well as the O-line and RB's were just kind of going through the motions at times. The D- Secondary, QB's and Receiver's looked like they came to play.

Week after Clemson and it was UAB? They should be more focused for SC...

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We're not used to having our kicker miss two chip shots in two consecutive games. This has got to be tightened up before the season gets harder. At this point in a kickers career, the kicker has the physical talents. From here on, it's all in Jack's head. We're praying for you buddy.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeh, a couple more of those missed chip shots and it will be in his head, if it isn't already. Probably the 2nd most disappointing aspect of the season, outside of still not blowing any holes open for our runners. Clemson I understand, they recruit the best defensive guys in the country,, but UAB? Really? Couldn't get 1 - 20 yard rub? And we're running back U?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A more impressive run game and better run defense could have raised the grade.

Ah, you saw it, too. Bet Kirby did, too.

We've got work to do.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He was. Like he was zoned out or something and the half-a pursuit to run down the player. At least DJ tried last week. It's like Beck just said "oh well".

And the run game was completely smothered. It's almost like our lineman are now taught more pass protect than run block. 1 sack in 2 weeks, but can't run the ball for anything. Gotta give UAB credit for sure, but it's like our lineman were already trying to block linebackers as soon as the ball was handed off. Kinda glad muschamp is on our sideline this week, cause he would've exploited that next game. We have got to block better on the run game. When someone as fast as Milton or cook can't get to the edge, our lineman are seriously not doing their job.

• Options
    ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Stetson Bennet is a true Dawg hero for all he has given the Georgia football program over the years. What he has endured and achieved is remarkable. I am totally comfortable with him being the number 1 quarterback if something were to happen to JT or if JT isn't playing well. You don't win the SEC or NC with a Freshman quarterback.