Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

JT Daniels’ injury ‘definitely improved,’ Georgia quarterback room remains unsettled

SystemSystem Posts: 10,532 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageJT Daniels’ injury ‘definitely improved,’ Georgia quarterback room remains unsettled

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback JT Daniels has “definitely improved” but his status remains questionable for the game against South Carolina on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Daniels can get healed in time to get enough practice reps, and that he can play against South Carolina.

Thank goodness for Stetson Bennett. You never know, but Bennett could really be the difference at some point this season.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think we're going to get classic cagey Kirby (sorry, couldn't resist) this week with regard to JT's status. It'll be a lot of "maybe" and "day-to-day" to keep the SC coaches guessing.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby's thinking at least three moves ahead. Keep them guessing...

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If it takes another week or two to make sure JT is close to 100% then so be it. He will be needed much more against Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, and Florida. Stetson can get us by SC, but drop the two and one subbing with Beck. Let Carson mop up if we get a comfortable lead.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This title irks me. Kinda like the last couple questions of Smarts postgame conference that came from Mike and Chip. Their interrogatories seemed to me to be classless chasing of a click bait type response; and then when dodged Mike instead conjured up this headline saying the QB room is “unsettled”. To me its is a drastic misrepresentation of the info being relayed and situation over all. As it sits now Daniels plays if healthy, otherwise we find a way to use Bennett and Beck to get a win. That’s the situation. Doesn’t take must journalistic curiosity to infer that…. Just common sense.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not a Dr. - but I don't think Obilique tears or strains(probably as a srain)pec strain, tear? , they don't heal in a week or two. BUt don't quote me on that. Now in theory, if somethong wierd happened, I'm sure he could come in and direct the offense, get us in the right play, and dink and dunk us down the field.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT knows what lies ahead and what is at stake for the team and for himself. He needs to get healthy. Playing against inferior opponents and doing more damage where he now has to sit the season out and tumble in the draft (if he even chose to come out) would be **** and costly. Talk about some QB transfers coming if JT had to return becasue this season was wiped out due to injury. LOL! Heads would explode.

I don't see anything Stetson couldn't handle, til maybe the FLA game and I say that only because of just the way everything went down last year for that game. Maybe some bad juju.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@reddawg1 you probably remember I got lots of down votes for saying JT should not play unless he was 100%. I still believe this as the next few games Bennett should be able to manage. Shifting to a new concern is if something happens to Bennett then what.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson is "batter up" come Saturday...why chance JT any further injury? JT is UGA's starting QB....period. He just happens to be sidelined. Much more at stake in October than now.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean. I guess. Not sure why that would be necessary for UAB, SC and Vanderbilt though.