Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia looks like the best team in the SEC when JT Daniels cleared to pilot offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia looks like the best team in the SEC when JT Daniels cleared to pilot offense

ATHENS — Georgia football staked its claim as the best team in the SEC on Saturday night, and the Bulldogs can be even better.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Me personally, I would love to see what this team scores and how bad they could beat a team if the starters got to play a whole game and kirby stayed out of the way.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby was just honoring Stetson Bennett with a series of downs.....however...now that JT is seemingly 100%...play Daniels full game...you will need him come Arkansas and Auburn....and certainly Florida who is formidable....lost by two points to Bama. Great win for UGA tonight. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daniels looked like the best QB in the SEC tonight. The Receivers are starting to get healthier. The O-line did a great job protecting the QB and also with run blocking. White, Cook and Milton all averaging better than 6 Yds per carry.

Georgia clearly has the best front 7 in CFB. The final chink in the armor looks to be the secondary. Not shocking , but it needs to get fixed.

What team in CFB looks better than Georgia? So far I don't think any team does.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

This offense is starting to look like the last 2 teams that won the Natty!!! Kirby,Lanning and Muschamp have this D looking like the 85 bears!!!!! I think we’re the best team in college football right now!!! Turn Daniels loose Kirby and allow him to have the season the last two natty winners had…. The only thing stopping us is the coach!!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

About the time I began seeing chinks in Bama’s armor against UF and devaluing their win against a grossly overrated Miami team, Clemson had to hold on for dear life to beat Tech only scoring 14 points for crying out loud. Still, I don’t see a team in the country, much less the SEC, that can beat the Dawgs. Getting Dom and Washington back by UF week will make the Dawgs lethal on both sides of the ball versus the Gators. One game at a time, but it sure is fun to think about!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is the same problem every year. This is week three of the season. It is all but impossible to determine which teams are good or how good they are and which teams are not as good as they appear or that we are lead to believe they are.

In some ways this year has been better than most in there have supposedly been some major intersectional games to give us some indication of the strength of conferences and teams. One thing for sure there will be surprises and upsets.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fla, auburn, ky, Arkansas all have a strong running game and haven’t shown much yet in passing game. Plays to our strengths; will really show what our defense is really like.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia could have run up the score on sc but he wasn’t going to do that to his former assistant, but Kirby needs to run up the score on every team that he can so we can rest our starters in the 4th quarter. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Also in the "looking too far ahead" category is the chance Pickens comes back.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2021

Not a big fan of "rewarding" players for prior weeks when a game is in full tilt. You have a starter for a reason and the other guy is second string (isn't that what Beck was?) again, for a reason. You are not the head coach to make guys feel good about themselves during a game, much less a conference game. Do that in practice or in the fourth quarter when you are up by 50.

I'll go one better than that, if I'm up by a lot and I put in my reserves, if the other guy scores, my ones come back in and score again. No way I let them get away with embarrassing my team.

I didn't just want to look dominant, which we did. I wanted the score to show that dominance. So sick of slowing down the game when no one else in the country does yet every coach we have had in the past 30 years has done this. And we all know it has come back to bite us when playoff selections are made. Heck, Kirby has even admitted that yet every game it's "OK, that oughtta do".

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That makes you sound uninformed.

Who do you think built this team? Who do you think is the-buck-stops-here responsible for everything? Why in the world would you think a team up by a zillion in complete control should continue to play the starters, thus risking injury to them, wearing them out, not giving the backups needed game time, and potentially embarrassing (in this game) a respected former assistant who is surely a friend?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Taking our foot of the gas has cost us several HUGE games under Smart. Against Bama notably. Kirby goes turtle way too often. Destroy and embarrass the other team and make them not want to play anymore!!! I promise you, they’d do it to us.

• Options
  • Options

Taking our foot of the gas has cost us several HUGE games under Smart. Against Bama notably. Kirby goes turtle way too often. Destroy and embarrass the other team and make them not want to play anymore!!! I promise you, they’d do it to us.

• Options

• Options
    TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby been to way too many sensitivity training classes.