Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Shane Beamer: No ‘magical scheme’ needed for Georgia defense, nation’s best

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageShane Beamer: No ‘magical scheme’ needed for Georgia defense, nation’s best

ATHENS — South Carolina coach Shane Beamer couldn’t stress it enough in his postgame press conference: Georgia has the best defense in the nation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA dominated that game start to finish...minus 3 UGA turnovers and one DB who got beat 3 times for big plays and a TD....the lowley **** were never even close to competing with UGA...period!

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

It shoulda, coulda, woulda been far more dominate if Smart would learn to let go. Either he, Monken, or both stalled the Dawgs momentum last night on a few occasions. The defense will be challenged sooner rather than later & when that day arrives, the offense will need to be hitting on all cylinders.

I also saw a very consistent effort from Carolina. If Beamer can steal a few recruits from Clemson, Georgia & a few other areas, he is going to have some decent teams in Columbia. With one exception, the SEC East is getting tougher each year.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My feeling: UGA's #1 defense is only going to get better and better. The offense as well. I would like to see an RB breakaway for a long TD. I miss the earlier RBs..especially Chubb and Swift. It's coming...UGA will get there....the OL needs to open them up a bit more. JT is a great pocket thrower. Not a scrambler. But he is lethal with his long bombs. Good to see him return and into the rhythm. He is hard to beat...again over 300 yards passing. Total yardage just under 500. A really good night for the Dawgs.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was impressed by Beamer’s outmanned team’s effort for four quarters. His Gamecocks may surprise some teams if his QB stays healthy. I had never heard of a grad assistant putting on the pads and starting a game, much less in the SEC. I bet Beamer would love to have Stetson.

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm sorry, but the back end of the defense is still questionable for me. The front 7 is a beast. But, if we run into a team that has better receivers and a qb that can sling it, we're in some serious trouble. The VANN kid from South Carolina was causing major problems all by himself.

• Options
    fatdawgfatdawg Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is a legitimate concern. I think when Tykee Smith comes back that will be a boost to the defense. Also, playing some younger guys now lends itself to improvement weeks from now.

I agree about the Vann kid from South Carolina but at least they were contested. I will feel much worse if their receivers were running free.

The only other thing I will add is one reason the secondary looks suspect (and I agree they are) is how good the front 7 is playing.