Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media ponders if Georgia is the best team in the country after Alabama-Florida result

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageNational media ponders if Georgia is the best team in the country after Alabama-Florida result

Georgia football is certainly looking like one of the elite teams in the country this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope the Dawgs don’t beat Vandy……………..I hope they utterly destroy Vandy !! The twice over cancellations with them going ahead and playing the Vols in between was a total slap in our Senior Dawgs faces for Home Coming last year. Don’t take your foot off the pedal KS, if the Dawgs had a Fifth string I’d run the score up high enough to give them playing time !! ******* I normally don’t think like that or try to be a jerk, but what they did last year was inexcusable !! Besides our backup guys really Do need playing time. So pound them !! Go Dawgs !!

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The best team is Georgia and these idiots spouting that we haven't beaten Bama are missing the fact that 2021 is a new season. We play one team that worries me and it's Arkansas. I am not sure where Bama plays Arkansas-Home or the Road, but if Bama goes to Arkansas they will lose.

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree. I hope they destroy them for last year! They screwed over the seniors because they knew they would lose and wouldn’t lose any money for not playing the game.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree with your point, DFL88, but this will all work itself out. Don't stress over it.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama has to stay No.1 until they look bad against a couple of average teams - like Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio St have, or until they lose. With that said, right now I think Georgia looks like a more complete team.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't pay any attention to this mess, Dawgs! It don't matter! Focus on taking care of your business, and everything else will fall in place! Keep grinding, and GATA!!!!!

GOOOOO DAWGS!

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Way too early in the season to be anointing any team as the baddest in the land. I think we have a darn good team but let's wait for a few more games before we get caught up in all this hype. I really sportswriters have to write something to get paid but goodness there is such a thing as overkill I just like to enjoy the games and let others get consumed with who will be coming in 2023 and national ranking. To each his/her own.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Bama needle won't move for now....they have had close games in the past...Ole Miss...et al...and still emerged SEC champ and often NC. Bama finds a way. I do believe UGA would take them to the wire...oh yes. Their defense needs work. However, Saban generally makes the proper adjustments to pull out any tight contests. If UGA dials up its OL to block for the RBs...UGA wins. JT owns the air game.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We might be... but y'all can leave Bama right where they're at until we knock them off. Or until Ole Miss beats us to it.

• SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm as excited as anyone about this team, but it's still too early to be anointing ourselves "best in the land". We really won't know how good we are until we play Arkansas, and truly not until we play UF.

So far we've beaten a Clemson team that has gone on to show they have an anemic offense, with a defense almost as good as ours (who shut down our offense). We've beaten UAB, who is an above average smaller program, but not a threat by any means. Lastly, we beat a decimated South Carolina team, with a first year HC, that eked out a win over Eastern Carolina.

Our offense is looking much better because we've had some guys get healthy, and JT has built on the chemistry. I'm confident they will improve, game after game.

So far, our defense looks good, but we've yet to play anyone with a good offense. SC only put 20 on ECU, Clemson only put 14 on the lowly Georgia Tech.

Now stop it with the rat poison and give me all your downvotes.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Has Michigan beat any ranked teams?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The comments on this thread are exactly what CKS is talking about. Who cares where we are ranked right now? The only thing that matters is where we're ranked after the last game of the season is played. Debating whether Michigan, or Bama or UF or anyone is better than us right now, makes absolutely no difference to anything and I hope the players are avoiding such useless discussions. Just win, baby. And as for Vandy, I don't care about last year and what they did or didn't do then. All they are now is the next team on the schedule. We can beat them by 1 or 100, as long as we don't sustain any injuries, I'll be fine. Go Dawgs!

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

A lot of Captain Obviouses are giving good advice about not anointing ourselves champion as of yet, but I sure am enjoying the season. GO DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The answer is probably YES...right now we are playing as good or better than anyone. If you look at the AP Top 5 teams we are at least as good as Bama, maybe better right now - and definitely will be better after we get a few more of our elite players back on the field from injury.

GO DAWGS!!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am prepared to say UGA is the best team in the nation. I would base that more on stats than anything else. Both UGA and Bama have played over rated teams in Clemson and Miami. They both have played a cupcake and they have both played an SEC opponent. While I do not expect the dawgs to lose a game prior to the SECCG, I do expect Bama will.

In a head to head match up, I am not so sure of the outcome. The dawgs are going to have to score 40+ points to win. That is a lot of points to score against a Saban defense. On the flip side the defense will face its first true sophisticated passing attack. I find that to be worrisome.

No matter, it should be an exciting game. This just might be the year Kirby has a breakthrough win