Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart goes on rant, challenges Georgia fans ahead of Arkansas clash

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart goes on rant, challenges Georgia fans ahead of Arkansas clash

Kirby Smart went on a rant while challenging Georgia fans before Arkansas

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unfortunately, I'll only be able to attend the game in spirit but expect the Dawg fans to be LOUD and bring the heat!!

Arkansas may be the best team we've played this year. They've got a big dual threat QB, an excellent offensive line, and a very good defense that is currently manhandling the Aggies OL with only 3 guys! And Clemson's offense and their QB still look lost and ineffective, and their defense just isn't as good as advertised.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's actually quite "smart" of him to do. There's no doubt that the fans were going to show up, but it could easily come down to the emotional aspects of the game and the crowd definitely has a part in that.

I don't know if gimmicks help or hurt, but I'd say that it's be completely appropriate for a blackout ESPECIALLY since Arkansas uniforms are similar colors.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No **** blackouts. Classic red shirts/silver breeches. Like black? Go watch the falcons.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This should have been a night game or 3:30, the hog are all over A&M right now, don't know if they can do it for the last two quarters. If they come in undefeated they are coming in hungry!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"As of this writing, Arkansas is currently putting it on Texas A&M, holding a 17-3 first-half lead. Add in the physicality that the team plays with and the Bulldogs won’t be able to start slow next week." A&M just managed a field goal at half time. Arkansas has good pass protection. Very physical team. Well coached.

I do believe UGA defense will overwhelm Ark. The OL?...to be seen. Ark. has pretty good pass defense. A&M will have to adjust as Bama's Saban does quite successfully.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Dawgs Fans are the best in the nation !! Just look how well they travel less alone home games !! I hope Dawgs fans have the stadium rocking and I’m sure they will !! Our beloved Dawgs are gonna have to bring the full A game for all four qtrs. as Arkansas is no joke. They just beat TAMU 20-10. I fully Believe in our Dawgs but they need to be clicking on all cylinders !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Similar to cooking, the 4 games that UGA has played this season was all prep work. This Saturday will be into the fire. I like my steaks medium rare and tender. Sometimes you have to pound a tough cut of meat to get the results you want. I also like pork, I hope the DAWGS are ready to pound some Razorbacks this Saturday. I like Sam Pittman, but come Saturday, Sam and those Hogs must be treated like the enemy..

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sam Pittman is a really good coach and it speaks highly of Coach Smart that he brought in Coach Pittman to UGA a few years back. Knowing both coaches' style and tendencies, I worry about our players getting banged up and injured. UGA has better depth and better speed and I hope we use that to leverage a fast start. I bet I'm not the only one who expects Arkansas to rely heavily on their run game and to try and run it up the middle a lot to try and wear UGA down.