Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

After romp over Vandy, Dawgs’ season is about to get real

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageAfter romp over Vandy, Dawgs’ season is about to get real

The era of Georgia football teams playing down to the level of a lesser opponent appears to be over. Hopefully, for good.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The road graders Pittman has developed on the OL are going to be the biggest test our DL will have this season. I am more concerned about a well coached Arky team than any other game on the schedule.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cannot get that fluffy-nutter 2nd Qtr out of my head. I will reprise this...it better not happen next weekend or...? The Razorbacks mean business. They have a good..solid OL..good very mobile QB..kept A&M at bay whole game. They could be a bit vulnerable on defense....as A&M found out but could not sustain anything in the air or on ground against Ark. Sam Pittman is a motivator. His boys got the job done.

I think Kirby is concerned....he is publicly calling on the fans to help motivate. He will need them. Pittman knows the UGA team fairly well. He knows most of the coaches. However, I believe UGA is a cut above talent-wise. Tremendous depth of really good players. McConkey, Brock Bowers..both bringing home the bacon...no pun intended...for multiple scores. UGA spreads the talent around from position to position. I do not pick on the RBs any longer...they are who they are...not like the past but doing better each game. The OL opened things up much better against Vandy.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At the moment we'd all better be concerned about The Pit Boss's team.

Rest assured Kirby is.

The era of Georgia football teams playing down to the level of a lesser opponent appears to be over. Hopefully, for good.Go, Dawgs!

Exactly so, Bill! Thanks for pointing that out.

Go, Dawgs!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would you still fret over a 2nd quarter lull if we're already up 35-0?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We must make the noon start time to our advantage since it's a home game. Our offense must be explosively early and we need to exploit any advantages we might have.

• TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One guy I would like to see run behind the 1st offensive unit is Daijun Edwards. He, like Ladd, plays with a lot of heart and determination. I'd love to see him get a few early reps and see if my intuition about him is correct. I think he is a hidden Gem!

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Arkie is a solid team folks but let's peel one layer of onion back real quick...The last two ranked teams Arkie beat played a true Freshman QB (TX) and a putrid 2nd string back up (TAMU) because their starter is injured.

TX is an avg at best team and TAMU is playing with a young offense line and a 2nd string QB...let's don't read every press clipping this week thinking the Hogs are the greatest world beaters outside of God this week folks

Will be interesting to see the line on this match-up today or tomorrow at some point...I see UGA 10 plus.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just thinking out loud there E_Roc. Show me 35 to zip 2nd Qtr next week and I won't "fret"....valid concern.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Bill, Smart will always be "Grousing" about how things need to improve! And that's a good thing.

Loved yesterday except for the (4) negative rushing plays we had in the first half. That's inexcusable against this Vandy team even if, like you said, we had a few second string guys in there playing at times. I will feel better if we can get a consistently effective running game going to go along with the air attack.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Arkansas game will be fun, not easy, but fun. We will be alright with with a tenacious defense and offense. We are physical and we have hungry backups. Also looking forward to a couple of the injured returning. Go DAWGZ SIC'EM!!!😎

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Smart imploring the fans to show up has less to do with concern over a solid Arkansas team and more to do with his knowledge of Georgia's history of struggling sometimes with noon starts, and with our fan's history of taking their time getting to their seats for the noon games. I think given the respective talent levels, Arkansas coming off their big emotional win over A&M, and the fact it'll be 11 a.m. for Arkansas, we should win. BUT, if Pittman's road graders up front get any kind of momentum going against our D, similar to how Muschamp's last Florida team did against us, we could be in trouble.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know somebody who isn't complaining about a noon start -- Sam Pittman and Arkansas. They're coming in to play the Georgia Bulldogs and in their minds, they don't care if the game starts at noon or midnight. Champions show up and show out whenever the bell rings. So lets go, Dawgs!