Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Coaches Poll Top 25 rankings Week 4: Georgia impresses in crazy weekend

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageCoaches Poll Top 25 rankings Week 4: Georgia impresses in crazy weekend

Georgia football remains at No. 2 in this week's Coaches Poll.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gooooo Dawgs !! GATA !! Beat dem Hawgs !!!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get kind of tired of hearing "until someone beats bama they deserve to be number 1." If that is the case, why don't they say that about every team that ended ranked last year, the emphasis being on "last year". By that reasoning, no team should ever be jumped in the polls if they haven't yet lost.

Or maybe it's because they whipped up on the Southern Northeast Alabama Teachers Trade College and School of Nursing.

Understand, I'm not bothered with our ranking and I know polls mean jack at this point but that is an old, tired and honestly, ridiculous, argument.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Notre Dame and Cincinnatti play Saturday. THat should be a good game. Once again we will find out if Notre Dame is for real or just overblown due to the name.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA got beat up by the Gators. THey still won but there was a lot of talk about if FLA had a better coach they would have won. Ouch!

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

No wonder so many top ranked teams ****. Some of these coaches need a lot of help with their analytical skills. Arkansas should be top 10. 4-weeks into the season and I can tell you that both Oklahoma & Ohio State have no business being in the top 10. Oklahoma at number 4 is like saying Vandy had a chance at beating the Dawgs.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@reddawg1 I only saw one article claiming Florida would have won with a different coach. It was by someone who spends a lot of time in left field. I saw more than a few articles about how successful the game plan was. Currently there are only two truly excellent offensive coaches and play callers in the SEC - Kiffin and Mullen.

Mullen was successful in making the Bama defense shift and putting their players in difficult situations causing them to think more and not react giving his offense an advantage. On the same play one of Bama’s secondary players might end up moving through 3 different sets of responsibilities before the ball was snapped.

Kiffen will do much the same but with the pass. He has a better veteran quarterback who is the best in the SEC.

I would not be surprised if Kiffin becomes the first assistant coach to beat Saban. I expect the current spread to drop as the week progresses