Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Looking back to when Vanderbilt’s coach accused Kirby Smart of ‘coaching dramatics’ with QBs

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageLooking back to when Vanderbilt’s coach accused Kirby Smart of ‘coaching dramatics’ with QBs

Georgia football fans can relive some of the top moments in UGA history each week with the Classic Moment presented by Classic City Lager. The Bulldogs have one of the most storied histories in all of college football, and DawgNation loves celebrating it. This week’s classic moment looks back to win then-Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason accused Kirby Smart of “coaching dramatics” in 2017 for the way he was handling his quarterbacks at the time, Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone believe that Saban would've played Bennett at all this year? I highly doubt it. It would've been Beck or Vandagriff getting reps. Why? Because everyone knows why. You can't win it all with Bennett. You can't.

You can't just take it one week at a time. You can't just use playing time as a reward for good practices. Remember that guy Fields? Well, Vandagriff right now has ZERO passes. He might do the same. What's your plan if both Vandagriff and Beck leave because Bennett took 2nd string?

Let them both play and fail when you have the pts to spare. The whole point of putting in subs is to give them experience. Putting in your 3rd string Senior isn't the answer.

• GaDawgNTexasGaDawgNTexas Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Really? Both Beck and BV leave because a upperclassmen who's about to be done playing football forever is getting 2nd string mop up reps. Behind a qb that's going to the league after this season. Which leaves them 2 to battle it out for qb 1 next year. Stop. 😂

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with ScoreCheck...ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Vandagriff is not leaving. Either is Beck. They are top two next season...I think.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby's decisions about when to play his QBs and why he plays them are absolutely the correct ones. Saban would've made the same decisions. If not, he would've never won any Championships as a head coach. JT Daniels is the starter. After watching the UAB, Carolina and Vandy's games, Bennett is clearly the second best QB on the team. Of all the backup QBs, Bennett gives us the best chance to win it all. Why, because of his ability to read the defense and make the best decisions from it. Oh, and he's a lot more talented than you armchair QBs/coaches give him credit for. I'd bet you haven't even realized that Alabama's defense has steadily grown weaker, while Georgia's defense has steadily grown stronger since Kirby's left Alabama to be the head coach at Georgia. Kirby Smart is a Championship caliber coach, and if it wasn't for the obvious poor officiating by the refs, Georgia would have won a National Championship already in 2018. I have full confidence that Kirby will lead Georgia to winning multiple championships during his tenure as Georgia's head coach.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

…Gunner Stockton.

that’s it…. That’s my response to this post.

🤦‍♂️

• TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think Brock is going anywhere just yet. He is a competitor and he is going to compete for the starting spot next year with Carson and I presume Gunner.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson is a gamer. He gives 100% effort 100% of the time. Beck threw a pick, made zero effort to stop the pick six which would have preserved a hard fought defensive effort for a shutout, then laughed going to the sideline. Any snaps Kirby gives him is a gift. He deserves none. Transfer? Go ahead! He would likely be a good fit for the likes of Jax State or Chattanooga.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Actually CKS is doing the best thing for BV by NOT playing him. 1st garbage reps against UAB and Vbilt are pretty worthless. Scout team reps in practice are worth more against the UGA D. 2nd it is better for BV to not play and not burn a yr of eligibility IN CASE he does decide to transfer. Preserving a yr allows him to learn this year and reassess what is best for his future after the year is over. All while maintaining 4 yrs of eligibility. I hope he stays. I think he will be a major player for UGA if he stays. I think Beck and BV both play major roles next year. Stockton will have a learning year next year like BV this year.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Fields: 6 of 20 for 68 yards. I bet that shuts the mouths of Bears fans that have been clamoring for Fields to be handed the reins of the Chicago offense. Seems like his freshman year in the NFL is going to be about like his freshman year at UGA. Now, if Dawg fans would just shut up about Fields.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Instead of praising the HC by having the Dawgs at 4-0, their are arm chair HC on here declaring who should be the number 2 QB. Some of these same fans used to call for Mason to start over Murrray. Murray still holds UGA and SEC record that haven't been broken.

• TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Arm chair coach, are you kidding me? One of them was the best peewee flag football coach in the county until he was promoted to 9 & 10 tackle football coach and you want to call him arm chair, give the man his credit, he’s a legend!