Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia defense knows how it can slow Auburn quarterback Bo Nix

2»

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of a sudden everybody sees Bo Nix as a track star..not last year or whenever...but this year he is now as fast as Arian Smith 4.21...nah, lolol. He can run for a QB, yes. He scrambles, yes. He can pass, yes. BUT he can also be contained in the pocket or close to it. Flank him on either side....be ready for his dilatory tactics. Flood the zone. This is Bo Nix who was benched a week earlier. UGA's DL should stifle Auburn. Again, the hype begins..Auburn becomes the titan of the SEC in one week for eking out a win over a pretty mediocre LSU team. ...just as the media praised Arkansas as the team to beat UGA...we saw how that went..right?

• Slabdog64Slabdog64 Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another way to slow him down is knock the heck out of him every chance we get. He will lose his desire to take off with it.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where did Nix's speed come from all of a sudden? I don't remember him being that fast before.

With our defensive line, I just don't see how Auburn's OL gives him any time to do what he did to LSU.

Honestly, I think Kirby is trying to give them his own version of "rat poison".

Saying he's heard that Nix has run at 22 mph sounds to me like Kirby is saying, "Yeah, whatever..." without saying that.

He doesn't want our guys to be overconfident, and to practice hungry.

I hope Bonix becomes the definition of "Plainsman". Heh heh

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've had Nix's number dialed in the last 2 years. He's a threat, BUT If we control the line of scrimmage then we win the game...that's what it comes down to. Easy Peasy.