Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia title hopes approach 50 percent, Paul Finebaum tags Florida ‘most interesting’ opponent

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia title hopes approach 50 percent, Paul Finebaum tags Florida ‘most interesting’ opponent

ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart and his No. 1-ranked Bulldogs aren’t looking past Kentucky, but plenty of others are.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess I am going with UGA 100%. With this old scout it is all or nothing. I am that confident. I can understand others giving a partial percentage. This team, even with all its vagaries, is special. You can sense it. Many are doubters going in and believers coming out. I am a believer in and out. The Dawgs have that "je ne sais quoi" of a team whose destiny is seemingly predetermined. UGA is playing out the means which justify the end....Natty.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

espn has a person named heather whose flowery rhetoric predicts “Kentucky has the momentum, they have the magic" however, in the next sentence this person says “I think their(Georgia's) most difficult games are behind them, and when you look at Georgia’s defense, which has only allowed two touchdowns this season They’re the most complete team we’ve seen." Later “It’s not just the defense, they have outscored opponents by 206 points, so I’m sticking with the Dawgs, no one is going to beat them.”

Are there dual personalities at espn? Does this person at espn have any personal or practical experience with blocking and tackling, getting sweaty, running wind sprints or being knocked loopy? Presuming the answer to be "no". Why quote this person?

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike gave it to Paul! “Mike” drop!

Gotta love it !

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike, you gave bama bulletin board material during your interview. I wouldn’t have said stuff like that on air, even if I might agree with it.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Finebaum is a flatterer, the man knows it's SEC fans of all 14 teams who butter his toast. Honestly I wouldn't know how to estimate our chances of making the playoff, let alone winning it. I love our defense but I'd feel better if our passing game was putting up bigger numbers and we had a home run threat RB. Pair this defense with LSU's 2019 offense and we could sleep walk to a title.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every great team has had to manage expectations. Kirby is well aware of needing to keep his players grounded.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think you stopped reading halfway through the first quote… there was a comma and a “but” there…

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've certainly got the better talent on the field vs the Wildcats, and the fans will be in our favor. Momentum might not be able to top that. I say DAWGS by a couple of touchdowns. I suspect KY won't go down easy. Just praying we don't add to our long injury list.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CballGetBallCballGetBall Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Why in the heck does this blog have the Dawgs ranked #2? WTH?

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll take Georgia for 1000 Alex.