Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations show why it’s the No. 1 team in the country against Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations show why it’s the No. 1 team in the country against Kentucky

ATHENS — In this chaos season that is college football in 2021, another top-5 team lost on Saturday. That team though was not Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

W's always shine better than L's. I agree. But the D was not as sharp as it could have been. KY's Levis is no slouch. UGA should NEVER have allowed them 13 pts. UGA does this too often near game's end. I attribute it to Smart giving time to non-starters. Hopefully, that is what it was. Other than that it was a big W. Give me a down arrow if you wish. I expected UGA to score more and KY less.

• Options
    CheerwinoCheerwino Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Dawgnation hates the team they cover.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lol you and Mike Griffith must have watched different games.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

There’s Always room for better. But considering that KY came in undefeated and looking to knock our Dawgs off AND here’s the most important part all the numerous injured guys we have. PLUS three straight games against ranked opponents one of which was on the road. Our Dawgs did pretty well today. I imagine some fatigue was beginning to set in on our Dawgs.Perfect game ?? No. But pretty good and got the W against a pretty good and Hungry KY team. Dawgs won by 17. In my mind I thought KY would be a tougher opponent than either Aub or Ark and they were. And I stated that here a couple days ago. Lastly not many people are gonna care about the score As Long As our Dawgs keep posting W’s !! Now on to a Very Much needed Bye week !! Dawgs will probably get some injured guys back and be a more complete team after the Bye. I hope they curb stomp the walking pocket books down in Jax !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

At this point, I think it’s Stetsons job to lose even if JT is healthy!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would by all appearances seem that Your right. That said I’ll sure be glad when JT is back 100% healthy. Scared me today when it looked like Stets shoulder was hurt. In my humble opinion I’d like to see Both able to play 100% healthy. That way God Forbid one go down you could trot the other out there. As they have different skill sets opposing Ds will have no other choice but prepare for Both. Which in a way cuts down on the number of Quality reps the opposition gets in practice as they don’t know which of our QBs will show up. It’s a Big plus in my opinion to in the event Either is having a bad game. Kirby can pull the one struggling and put the other guy in. To Me there’s no shame in that. QBs like pitchers in baseball can just have times that for whatever reasons their not as sharp as they usually are. If JT can get past his injuries the Dawgs will be blessed with Two very good QBs !! ***** I just hope ( and I believe he is) that JT is still fully vested in the Dawgs. I’m sure it’s extremely depressing for him standing on the sidelines watching. But he strikes me as a Team guy. I’m Sure Not wishing anything bad on Stets !! But before it’s all over who knows we may need JT. It’ll be good to get him back. Ole Stets looking very good !!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nah, I'm with you. I've never been a Stetson naysayer, and think that he's a DGD for sure. Someone to talk about as the guy who kept things going for years to come. But he's not our number 1. I sure am happy that he's developed into the QB that he has, and am stoked that THIS is our backup, but he IS the backup.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know about those last 6 points that were passed out to KY. Being at the game, and seeing the replays they put on the jumbotron, that was NOT a TD; the refs called it good anyway. Dude's b u t t was down in front of the line. Maybe he got the ball past the markers and folks at home saw that, but there was nothing like that for folks in the stands.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One guy's two-cents worth:

A. Podlesny scares me and he's done so since the Clemson game. But a missed extra point at that point in the game is not exactly "chaos."

B. Why do people keep putting down Stetson. The guy plays and he wins. JT is still somewhat limited as he warmed up with the third string; behind Beck. I'm' SURE a healthy Bennett isn't behind Carson Beck. So let's just chill, Dawg fans. I think Kirby and his assistants have a pretty good idea who to play and when.

C. And finally, remember when it seemed highly-touted tight ends would come to UGA and all but disappear? Now they are our shining stars, if not downright offensive saviors.

Great win, today. Not a perfect win, but a win nonetheless. And it's that the object of the game? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why do people keep insisting that people keep putting down Bennett? Is this happening somewhere else on the internet? In in-person conversations?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember last year when they told Stetson he wasn't good enough to start? Shows you how much they knew. Monken might call a good game but was it his idea to start Dwan over Stetson? LOL!!!!!!

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's nothing unusual about top 5 teams losing. The rankings are shuffled most every year till in the end there's only 1 or 2 undefeated teams. How often do we have the same top 5 in week 12 that we have in week 7 ?

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who are ''they'' in this case ? Since almost everybody wanted JT by this time in the 2020 season, I'm betting you were among them, I know I was.