Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: LSU to parts way with Ed Orgeron, not even 2 years after national title

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageReport: LSU to parts way with Ed Orgeron, not even 2 years after national title

LSU is expected to part ways with Ed Orgeron.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let the coaching carousel craziness begin!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! And the timing of this announcement? Not a good look for Mullen at Florida!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Dang, I hate to see Coach “O” leave. I loved his interviews eventhough I had no idea what he was saying. He will always have a special place in my heart for kicking the Gator’s butts even when they threw everything at his Tigers including shoes.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang. I was just talking about this with my brother yesterday. Just didn't seem like it'd be a thing. You never know, I guess...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Joe Brady would be my choice. LSU really thrived under him as OC. Maybe Lane. Both could restore the brand. Orgeron's natty seems to have cost him dearly. Others like Bama and Clemson have weathered the aftermath. The coaching carousel is on again. UGA will likely taste of its bitter root at some point.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Should have given him the USC job full-time, first mistake. Should have weathered this storm as well, second mistake. He's a helluva a football coach. But hey, it's a crazy business. I wish -O- well. He's a good dude.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Marquee job”? No decent HC wanted that job when they hired Orgeron? What’s changed?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Will we lose Lanning after this season as a head coach at some other program?

I hope not, but I feel his days with the Dawgs are numbered.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does the Vanilla Gorilla lose his cage or does he get to take it with him? Either way, I hope this breaks their program for years to come. Absolutely the most inhospitable fans in the nation.

Rumor is Mumbling Mel Tucker might be heading back down south to coach LSU. I like Mel, he's a good coach so I hope he stays at Michigan State.

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I believe it was many things. Like covering up a sexual assault. Surprised he made it this far. Also goes to show you, not what have you done for me, but are you doing for me. They let him stay after the claims, now they aren’t winning as much so he has to go. What if Kirby won the natty this year, but in two years in a row we go to the music city bowl. Many of people would clambering for his job.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

BJ Ojilari come on home! Please FU sign Mullen to a long term extension. Mullen is the worst recruiter of any major program in the country. Mullen builds his team through the TP with mercenaries. And it shows on the field. CKS building an Alabama type program. I hope Tucker doesnt take the job. He has a lot of recruiting connections in AL, FL and GA.