Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following Week 7 win over Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following Week 7 win over Kentucky

Georgia football picked up a 30-13 win over Kentucky this past weekend.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree about Nakobe Dean. He's performing at an elite level.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You forgot one Connor.

Loser: Mark Stoops for calling a timeout with 4 seconds on the clock just to try to score a TD. Yes, Georgia should have stopped it, but the play never should have happened. Plus, the guy’s rear end was on the ground so I’m not sure he really scored anyway. Stoops, you should have taken your whooping and went on home.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Definite extra congrats to Kendall Milton (and coaches for drilling the concept) for the smart fumble recovery. It can't be stated enough as remember that we were on the 20 yard line in a scoreless game. There were FOUR Kentucky players that could've picked it up with 2 of them within ARMS LENGTH.

Cannot be overstated. Congrats.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Early coaching predictions - Stoops to LSU and Lanning to UK.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Milton play was impressive. Think what a turn it would have made if the KY guy had fallen on the ball.

• Options
    Jbayne1Jbayne1 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

That play shouldn't have happened... Levis fumbled on the play before lol

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why would Stoops leave KY? Help me out. $$$$?..prestige? What? Stranger things have happened sure.

KY is behind us. Let's move on to the Lizards. FL is up and down and now mostly down. You can definiely rattle their QBs. Their OL is not up to the UGA level. Their defense definitely not near UGA's potent front line performers. If Bennett starts, he is much better than he was last season. He would pick them apart as LSU did. JT would have his best day against them. I am convinced the Gators are not the team they were expected to be. They played well against Bama, a team A&M beat. LSU decimated their defense. Need I mention KY? UGA RBs would also have a banner day against Mullen. I do not believe Mullen's heads in the game. He has become even zanier than normal. UGA should score big against them and leave J-Ville with a victory.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't understand fans witching (use your imagination) about Stoops calling time out. I would expect the same from Kirby and would be very disappointed if he didn't. The job of the offense is to score, the job of the defense is to stop the other team from scoring. I very much hated to see the second td but I certainly understand the time out. Just the opinion of a long time UGA fan.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Facts @Jbayne1. I'm so surprised more wasn't made about Levis' goal line fumble both during and after the game. The referees immediately ran in to say his forward progress had stopped (which would have prevented a review) but the only time forward progress can stop that quickly is if the ball crosses the goal line. Since it didn't, the play goes on until the player is on the ground or clearly is no longer moving forward. If anyone looks (and the lead image on this article almost shows it) Revis starts losing his grip on the ball immediately, BEFORE crossing the goal line, and UGA recovered. If the referees had reviewed it, they would have seen that. It would have looked bad for CKS to call a timeout for a review, but I wish he had. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. As annoyed as I was to see that last meaningless touchdown scored, you can't fault him for going for it. I can't help but notice that that we're constantly seeing commenters here calling for Kirby to run up the score, that it's not Georgia's job to keep points off the board for their opponents, etc. But as soon as another coach follows that philosophy against the Dawgs, people take issue with it. As a collective, we are consistently inconsistent... I think I'll just leave it at that.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I get the hate to the extent that Stoops' entire handling of that drive was a white flag. No urgency, no effort to engage in quick scores -- nope, just holding onto the ball for 11 minutes in an effort to make the game look closer than it was in the hopes of snookering some uninformed playoff committee or voter that they didn't get annihilated by Georgia.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Hartley certainly is a “winner”! Let’s not forget the job Coach Scott does with the DL week in and week out! The D line is responsible for much of the success of the LBs. Coach Scott inherited a mess from Coach Rocker and in short order has taken it from a glaring weakness to arguably the greatest strength on the team!

Winner - Coach Tray Scott

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We love our Dawgz Defense.😎