Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Luther Burden III: Decision day arrives for coveted 5-star WR

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageLuther Burden III: Decision day arrives for coveted 5-star WR

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry sets the stage for this evening’s decision for 5-star WR Luther Burden III between Georgia and Missouri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

His decision will say more about him than the school that he chooses. I mean this in a positive way. If he chooses Mizzou, he likely wants to stay close to friends and family and help his home state university. If he chooses UGA, he wants to win championships and is preparing for his and his family's future.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

rhbatch I was thinking the same thing. And let me say to each their own. It is his life and his plan. Is it about family and home state or is it about showcasing himself, being THE star from day 1 and being a big fish in a small pond? If he chooses UGA he has the chance to be about a true team with true championship asperations every year. He will be pushed to grow at UGA in ways that he will not at MO. I saw it reported that his father was on the phone 3 times over the UGA official visit weekend w/Drinkwitch. Gave me that Cam/Cam's dad/AU ($$) vibe.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's his decision all the way. So, his Dad is hoping it's Mizzou, that's why he was playing phone tag this past Saturday with the Mizzou HC.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he'll stay home. He's a legend there and you can't dismiss the location and ability for his family to see him easily. Yes, he would have greater opportunity with us, but I expect him to stay home. That said, I really really hope he's a Dawg!!!!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's exactly what it comes down to. Does he want his family and friends to feel that he has abandoned them for 3 years while he's at UGA?

If he chooses UGA (and I hope he does!), I pray that the people around him respect his choice and understand that he is going to where he can really grow so that he can PROPERLY take care of them!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear y'all talking about wanting to stick around for family and the home state and all of that. But that's all lip service to me. The first time these kids don't get to play when or how they want to, they bolt to the transfer portal -- sometimes more than once. And often much further away from their beloved families. If HIS FAMILY really loves him, they'll want him to make the best decision for him and his future, not their ease and comfort. And the best (football) decision for Luther Burden, would be to sign with UGA. Now he might not do that, but it's undoubtedly the BEST decision he could make. Go Dawgs!

• DawgifiedDawgified Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

We need to be blowing up his twitter post (luther on Twitter: "today is the day who ready" / Twitter) with UGA replies. Every little bit helps. Right now it's 80/20 missouri replies. Let's Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bad news. On to the next guy.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Luther didn't appear to have on UGA gear Saturday, though. Not a good sign at all. Hell, put Bowers at WR until the walking wounded get back.