Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

‘Virtually perfect’: National media sounds off on Georgia as Bulldogs enter off week

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
image‘Virtually perfect’: National media sounds off on Georgia as Bulldogs enter off week

The National media continues to praise the efforts of the Georgia football team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BS. Rat poison. "Perfect" defenses don't give up 22 play, 11+ min. drives. UGA has not played a top passing team yet. The good news is that CKS has built a Bama-like culture of team first, goal oriented, hard work and focus. The time to celebrate is not halfway through the season. Celebrate when you put the trophy in the case.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Kirby powering up his Death Star Lol !! I Love that !! I sure needed a smile this morning and Thank You for giving me one !! I Believe you are absolutely right. Now as a fan I also Love to hear all the praise for our beloved Dawgs coming from Ntl. Media. It’s long over due. But I sure hope ( and I sure Believe he will) that KS keeps preaching its rat poison and keeps our Dawgs lean, mean, and Hungry !! Go Dawgs !! BELIEVE !! That’s been my catch word Before the season even started . I Believe this is The Year Of The DAWG !! Woof !! Woof !! Whup up on dem walking pocketbooks !!! P.S. Wish I could multiple upvote your post !! 😀

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

geez "dad", enjoy the ride. I mean, it's not like the story of the Florida game will be, "You know, we would have beaten the Gators, but then we read Connor's column about the national media praising us."

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is this top passing team you refer to, UGADad20, Florida? Seriously. Coach Smart says he is partly responsible for that long KY drive at the end of the game. Lanning wanted more pressure...Smart...run down the clock let them go. Not a usual "Smart" move...but it was 30-7 for goodness sake. KY made some good plays...but the game was not in question. The UGA defense was not in question. On Oct. 30, the defense will be there as they always are....the outcome will be the same.....UGA ...W. This defense is not so much a work in progress...it is a field battle-tested and proven dominant tour de force...the best in the nation.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is what another very successful SEC coach calls "rat poison".

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Edgy, but accurate and reality-based. I too will only relax when we win it all. Time to finish the **** drill. Pimp daddy knows what’s up!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DAWGFAN not worried about FU at all. Though I think the game will play out like the UGA/AU game. UGA66 did you miss the point of my post? KY had TWO long drives. One to start the game that took 1/2 the 1stQ. And that was KY. Not AL or OSU or OK's offenses. You do realize that in all likelihood UGA will play AL twice. The UGA D is excellent but they can't lose any more players to injury. Especially DB's. UGA really hasn't played a prolific offensive or passing team yet. That is just a fact. WAY too early to pat ourselves on the back. Maybe you aren't tired of hearing "preseason" champs or "midseason champs"? I am. This D will be tested before the season is over. This team does seem to be on a higher mission. CKS seems to do a good job keeping the focus on execution. It doesn't benefit anyone to think this team has "arrived". BigJohnson just looking at it objectively. After '17 OT loss , Fromm 3 INT loss to SC, Newman opting out, having to go to FU beat up/missing D from KY game during covid AND having SBIV and MRJ hurt on the same TD play then yes I am not counting on this NC as a lock.