Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kendall Milton suffers MCL injury in practice, expected to miss time

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageKendall Milton suffers MCL injury in practice, expected to miss time

Kendall Milton suffered an MCL injury and is expected to miss time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

How the Hell does this happen on an off week?

What is this the 19th injury to a player this year?

Beyond insanity....at some point injuries will cost us...bet on it

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This has truly been a next man up and ready year for the Dawgs.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I clicked on DawgNation full of hope and what? Milton is now down with another MCL injury for many weeks. I cannot believe these injuries. UGA just lost its powerhouse back. Stop practicing Kirby. LOL Good grief. No, he is not the top performer in the backfield, but that KY run will likely be missing from the FL game. Cook showed some promise and Zamir. Both have been doing much better at cutting and changing direction. Still, Milton will be sorely missed. I just shake my head. Step up now too Daijun...UGA will need some high voltage end runs.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Someone needs to study the cleats and the shoes that UGA is using, Too many ankle and knee injuries, is this that normal?

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

****! KM2 was just hitting his stride. Hopefully he'll return before the SEC title game.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Were they practicing outside or inside? ANyone know?

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seriously, this is now beyond just coincidence and bad luck. Even LSU hasn't had this many injuries. I was hoping that the RB room was going to avoid these injuries. We really need to take a long hard look at all aspects of strength and conditioning, how we practice and what these guys are doing (or not doing) when they get these injuries. I mean, we couldn't have been doing that much in an off week. I know Zeus would play every down if you ask him, too, (and he might even play better the more snaps he gets) but he doesn't have the explosiveness. Cook has it, but he doesn't always have the power, although he's shown it in bursts. Edwards does OK, but he'll need to step up in a major way, which I hope he can behind the first-team O-Line. Hoping McIntosh can somehow come back next week, even if in a limited capacity. Thank God for the bye week.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2021

Que up the armchair sports medicine experts and head coaches. These are the costs of putting the fast/physical product on the field that we have come to know, love and most importantly EXPECT. From UGA. There may be a **** of bad luck involved this year, but all the gripers here, please just take a chill pill and be glad KM2 can now rest til the SECCG.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yikes every week now! Enough is enough! How about putting Lovasea Carroll back in the RB rotation?😎

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Past time to reevaluate how much practice hitting you do midseason especially in a year you expect a playoff invitation. Starting to look like it is an advantage to have a minor injury if only to miss a couple of weeks of Kirby's practices. I hope McIntosh is ready to go next week.

• Options
    GhostofMunsonGhostofMunson Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Because teams still practice on a bye week.

And football is a physical sport.

• Options
    GhostofMunsonGhostofMunson Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s not any more or less here than it is at other colleges. It seems like it’s more prone to happen at UGA since we follow the program closely. We don’t know all the little injury details at other programs because we don’t pay attention to their programs. Also, a lot of programs aren’t as forthcoming with injury reports like we are.

• Options

anyone thinking KM will be back full strength in time for SECC is just wishful thinking.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers lifted for Kendall for a full and speedy recovery. He is needed and will be missed. Dawgs are still a very potent team though with Zeus, Cook, and Edwards. And hopefully Kenny Mac will be back to. I just hope no more injuries !! And not in the RB room but some guys are coming back from injuries, maybe they can help amp it up some to.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Depends on the severity of the tear. I tore my MCL in half skiing and it was 6 months rehab in a brace. Another time I had a grade 1 tear (minor) and it was 3 weeks. MCL injuries are not nearly as bad as ACL and most of the time don't need surgery to heal. Fingers crossed it's on the minor side...

• Options

Grade 2 tear 4-6 weeks to recover. Best case scenario.