Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football first-half honors, recognizing most underrated player, key assistant

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football first-half honors, recognizing most underrated player, key assistant

Georgia’s No. 1 status at the midway point of its season isn’t as surprising as how the Bulldogs have managed to attain — and sustain — its perfect season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great Article, Mike!

Really appreciate how you set up kudos to various players that sometimes aren't recognized enough for their contributions!

I know you only named one person per category, but I would also throw in the entire defensive staff, McGee and Luke and Hartley for all of their contributions on and off the field that have set us up for this year and beyond!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Gators!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the injury to JTD you could argue that SBIV is the most irreplaceable. Salyer as most under appreciated is a slight reach considering the O hasn't missed a beat when BJones has played in his place. . I think Zamir White's toughness, production and consistency as the workhorse RB1 is the real most under appreciated.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Other awards: most obnoxious personality on Saturday TV? Gary D sharing the position with Gronk after B Mowins was moved aside.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This Georgia team’s strength is that every player is all about the team and winning as a team effort. This is the primary reason for their success. As long as the players buy into the team concept, no one can stop them. 👍

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can’t disagree about Monken. In my 69 years, I can’t remember a OC at UGA who had virtually no detractors. Even with that being said, I would have to give co-key assistants. The face of this team is the defensive line. They are what makes the rest of the defense work. Virtually every play, there is an unblocked backer because of the double or triple teaming required to block one or two defensive linemen. Without DL Coach Tray Scott, it could be argued, this team would struggle to be a national championship contender considering all our injuries.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you're still underrating Jalen Carter, you must not have been paying attention. I agree Salyer has been underappreciated though. His pass pro in particular has been valuable.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just being honest, Bobo did more with less, but Monken hasn't had all the pieces in place yet. Mike deserves a mention though.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This. Bobo did a lot with the undersized lineman he was given year in and year out with our less than mediocre recruiting back then. He would change the entire play calling scheme when he lost a critical player. I mean look what he's done in year one with can't hit a lick nix.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree about Bobo. He had some awesome offenses, but year in and year out, even when we were averaging close to 40 points per game, he had his detractors. That hasn’t been the case for Monken…yet.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good positive article, I appreciate it!