Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Alabama rekindles title talk, primed to keep Tennessee rivalry one-sided

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Alabama rekindles title talk, primed to keep Tennessee rivalry one-sided

Alabama coach Nick Saban paid tribute to the importance of the Tide’s rivalry game with Tennessee, which his program looks to win for a 15th-straight time at 7 p.m. on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

UF vs. UGA is about to become like TN vs. Bama…very one sided. Yes, the Gators had generational talent last year and won the game, still Coach Clown figured out a way to lose four games. Mullen is the worst recruiter in the SEC, maybe the nation. How can a “genius” HC at the flagship institution in a top three, and arguably the best, recruiting state in the nation, not compete for the top recruiting class yearly. UF barely cracking the top ten under Mullen should have Gator Nation up in arms. The biggest difference in the teams fielded by Kirby and those in Coach Richt’s last 10 years is the difference between top three classes and barely cracking the top 10. The gap between the talent level of UF compared to UGA is becoming a chasm that is getting wider every year.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Indeed. It seems like it's only a matter of time before they wise up and replace him with someone who can put the state's talent to use for them. When that happens, and it may not be far off the way things are going, the rivalry is going to be more like Bama-LSU in its prime.

• Options

Let’s keep this under our hat. We don’t want Gator Nation to find out what we know. Part of me wants the Dawgs to beat Coach Clown by a hundred. Another part of me wants the Dawgs to win comfortably but for UF to make it respectable so Gator Nation can feel a sense of moral victory similar to the Bama loss. We don’t want them to wise up and start demanding Mullen’s head. That could lead to Urban coming back to Gainesville!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shoot the Hooch

I guess what you are saying is there is no way UGA should lose this year. And if UGA does then CDM is a better coach than CKS because he did more with less? Sound about right? Let's hope we can cover that wheel route this year and all the little picks they use.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To all my Dawg family-Are you having doubts about us beating Alabama because of this years team or past results? Ask yourself that question because the 2021 team didn't lose in 2017 or 2018 to Saban. This years team has a defense that is ridiculous and an offense that is starting a 2nd stringer and missing 2-4 top receivers. I know any team can lose on a given weekend, but this team is special and we have every right to be Jazzed up and expecting great results.

I wanted to also state that with winning comes recruits that are 4 and 5 stars wanting to be a part of what Kirby has built.

• Options

You need to read the post to which I was responding. You are way off base. Not even in Coach Clown’s dreams will he ever be a better coach than Kirby!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shoot the Hooch

I don't disagree with you about Kirby being a much better coach. I can't stand Mullins. My point was when you make hyperbolic statements and it doesn't turn out the way you thought it would go then what just happened? Was it the coaching or the talent or some combination of both? LAst year the"clown" beat us, as you pointed out with generational talent. I agree with that and have wrote about that point on here in the past. So last year CKS's team outplayed a generational talent team for awhile. One might argue that if SB hadn't gotten his shoulder dislocated we might have won. ANd if we had, what would you have attributed that to? Coaching? Talent? A combo of both?

I agree with you that a FLA with generational talent managed to lose 4 games. Ouch! But we almost got beat by Cincinnatti.(save for a last second miracle almost FG) Ouch! What was that due to? A lack of coaching? A lack of talent ? A combo of both? THey certainly don't recruit with us. So, you would lean perhaps towards good coaching on their part and here they are again this year right behind us. Ahead of the Ohio Sts., the CLemsons, the Oklahomas, of the world.

At some point when you call a guy a clown and that he can't coach a lick compared to your coach and then the clown wins, it does tend to say something about your coach and his abilities, like it or not. I don't think we will lose to FLa this year, but even if it's close and they don't have the recruiting classes we have had, "he can't recruit like Kirby", "the chasm is so wide", then you can't really say the guy can't coach a lick, can you? He is a clown of a personality, we all know that, but does that mean he can't coach? And what if your team loses to such a pitiful coach and a program where the talent leve difference is so "wide"? What then? Let's hope you don't have to explain that one.

That was my point. And it's not "off base. " It's very valid.