Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia legend Eric Zeier shares take on quarterbacks, offensive ‘mismatch nightmares’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,556 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia legend Eric Zeier shares take on quarterbacks, offensive ‘mismatch nightmares’

Eric Zeier has seen plenty of good Georgia football teams over his 14 years providing color analysis for the Georgia Bulldogs Sports Network, but this season’s group strikes him as special.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Excellent insight and analysis by Zeier.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have to agree with EZ. The man knows his football for sure. My biggest hope is twofold 1) we can get back as many injured guys as possible 2) that those injured guys are as close as they possibly can be not only health wise but game speed wise. I fully understand that all the practices in the world are not as Real game time. BUT it sure helps that our pretty dawg gone good O has to go against our Tremendous D !! So I suspect that this Kirby Smart coached team has about as close as you can get to “Real” circumstances !! These things said I hope our beloved Dawgs curb stomp the walking pocketbooks !! Go Dawgs !! GATA !!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems silly, but I like the fact that he used the word "we" as in "our team". It separates him from an "unbiased" analysts (which is completely fine) and shows that he's one of us. Good analysis as well.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

CKS will probably start SBIV but I expect to see JTD for a series or 2 in the 1st half. If JTD does well he may get more series than SBIV in the 2nd half. Then their roles may reverse. But I expect both to play in games going forward. Mullen will probably start EJones. He is more experienced against SEC D's. Expect FU and EJ to try and run using the whole width of the field. After he has seen how UGA is defending, Mullen will bring in AR for some schoolyard, Manziel type O. I hope the UGA players remember last year's game as well as the UGA fans do. Payback time.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At this point IMHO it would take JT really outshining SB in practice in order to become the starter. If what they do in practice is virtually identical then SB gets the start. If SB starts then I do not see JT getting a series in the first half-if- SB is performing well. Of course if SB has a couple of drives and nothing is clicking and JT is there and ready and able then of course you put him in. We need to score early and often and really put a squash on their hopes. Dictate early.

• Options
    DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

I do agree with EZ. Georgia has not taken shots like this since the Pre Kirby era. I’m proud to see that D work, but just proud of the offense playing complimentary ball. Keep the pedal to the floor you Dawgs! Beat ‘em by 50 if you can!