Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares his thoughts on the pros, and cons, of mobile quarterbacks in Georgia’s offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares his thoughts on the pros, and cons, of mobile quarterbacks in Georgia’s offense

Georgia football hasn't had a true dual-threat quarterback under Kirby Smart. But that might be changing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hoping to see Daniels start, but I guess we shall see. Bennett has proven himself this year, so it's certainly not an open-and-shut case.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m pulling and cheering for Both our QBs !! Stets has done an admirable job and deserves credit. JT has worked very hard to rehab and keep himself as ready as possible in light of being injured. He could have just surrendered to the depression of being out and just gave in. But he’s kept on fighting so in my eyes he to deserved a measure of credit. I also think all the way back to Clemson and the other times he did get to play. He was pretty dawg gone sharp for a guy playing with the type of injuries he had. Most Dawgs fans didn’t even know he played the Clemson game injured. Imagine what he has the potential to do Now that he’s as close to 100% as he’s been this year !! Stets is Not the same guy the mud lizards saw last year. He’s a Much better version. AND our Dawgs went to Jax last year on a hospital bus !! NOT this year !! Yes we still have guys out but This Dawgs team is a Much more loaded version. Dan Mullen be afraid, be very afraid !! Dawgs are about to make your worse nightmares come true !! Boo !! Or I should say Woof !! Woof !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like we'll see both Stet and JT on Saturday. I really look forward to seeing how quickly Daniels shakes off the rust and regains his rhythm.

Bama's Bryce Young is the type of athletic, mobile QB that you absolutely want as your starter. The guy can throw with accuracy, run when needed, and has eyes in the back of his head allowing him to avoid most pass rushes. He has made his share of mistakes and bad decisions, but the guy is getting gradually better every week. I hope we get to play against him and Bama in December.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby: "There is not a really good quarterback that you see playing in the NFL that does not have a form of mobility."

Huh. I guess that leaves out that Brady fellow. Oh, and the reigning MVP up there in Green Bay. But sure, KB.

Hey, put me in the right play, make the right reads, deliver the ball on time and on target. Let's start there. Got somebody who can do that and runs a 4.5, claps and whoops all day long.

We're in good shape with both QBs and why not mess with Mullen's head. If I'm an NFL team looking at the draft, that's a different question. But let's go beat FLA and keep chopping. 2021 is right now and there's a lot of football to play.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice article, Connor. I still wish, though, that you would use a couple commas whenever you put "though" in the middle of a sentence. See how easy that is?

Yes, I will die on this hill.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can see where you’re coming from; but in Rodgers MVP season he rushed nearly 2.5x per game. Longest rush was 15 yards (clearly indicates mobility); and even scored 3x with his legs. That’s ample mobility for an NFL qb. Even after adjusted for sacks he rushed for going on 150+ yards.

Tom Brady who is infinitely slower than the average NFL qb even still rushed for 3 TD’s last season…. we even saw him rush for an epic 13 yard gain to pick up a first down on SNF early this year. He looked astonished he picked it up lol.

I understand your sentiments but I think if you really get beneath the surface you find that Kirby is 1000% accurate in his position on NFL requiring mobile QB’s. Brady is a dying breed but still gets the job done. And Rodgers is 100% a threat with his legs.