Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Gunner Stockton sets a new Georgia state record previously held by Trevor Lawrence

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Gunner Stockton sets a new Georgia state record previously held by Trevor Lawrence

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry is about the new Georgia high school football state record previously held by Trevor Lawrence.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news. Congrats, Gunner. But I'm breathing a sigh of relief. When I first saw the headline, for about three seconds I thought it was going to be a story about Stockton de-committing. Whew! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad Stockton is a Dawg!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thought he was a five star....

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Gunner! The name fits you!! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The school I work for got beaten by the RC Wildcats a few weeks back. My cousin (who’s sister graduated from RCHS) asked me how we got beaten by that little school up in north GA. Just sent him this report as a follow-up. I did not realize that Stockton went there…

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way to go Gunner !! Big Congrats to you young man !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was thinking exactly the same thing with that "Breaking:" in the title.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was a 5-Star. He didn't participate in the Elite 11 QB competition.

If you don't play the recruiting services game, they demote you. That is a fact.

• Options
    MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great job Gunner! Your future is so bright! I hope the UGA offense develops you best and takes full advantage of your talents.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

WOW. This is pretty big news. I can't wait to see the competition between Stockton and Vandagriff next Spring and Summer (my gut tells me Beck is gone to the portal). Both these guys bring athleticism and passing ability to the team which should continue to lure potential WR recruits and transfers to the Dawgs.

• Options

I agree with you in that Carson will likely enter the transfer portal after the season. It’s a shame if he does enter the transfer portal because I don’t think we took full advantage of his talents. What’s worse is that I think I saw somewhere that he would consider transferring to Florida. And as much as I dislike the Florida gators and Dan Mullen I do think he could make Carson Beck a star which would haunt UGA.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget, Smart even showed up at an Arch Manning game. Though I do not believe UGA has a snowballs chance in..Florida of UGA landing this guy. Stockton and Vandagriff loom large over the next few years. What a star-studded QB Room. Beck, I thought showed promise early on....but, if you will recall, Smart was not that high on him after team practices. Bennett and JT eventually were the dominant pair. Beck will head for the portal. Florida bound? Who knows. I wish he wouldn't...he had great stats in HS. Is tall, very athletic and a strong arm. Leadership?

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't forget that Anthony Richards is a freshman. Do you think Carson will walk into that competition?

• Options

If/when Carson decides to transfer, he will have many options-Florida being one of them. I don’t know if Carson would want to be in another heavy QB competition like he was here at UGA, but I do think he is a better and more accurate passer than AR-15 and Carson is also very mobile. When Carson does transfer, I hope he goes out west or up north, because Dan Mullen is able to access all of Carson’s potential and have us UGA fans regretful. Remember, Florida is Carson’s home. Now, I’m not saying Carson will transfer to Florida, but he could and that will be a bad thing for UGA having to face him in Dan Mullen’s offense over the next 2/3 years.

• Options

Arch Manning is not likely to pick UGA. Carson is buried underneath a former walk-on and will likely transfer. Keeping in mind that these things can go 100 different ways, but it does look like that our QB situation comes down to Brock Vandagriff and Gunner Stockton. There is an outside chance that JT could be back next year. And has Stetson exhausted all of his eligibility?