Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN’s SEC Nation analysts Jordan Rodgers, Tim Tebow debate Georgia’s starting quarterback

SystemSystem Posts: 10,425 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageESPN’s SEC Nation analysts Jordan Rodgers, Tim Tebow debate Georgia’s starting quarterback

ESPN’s SEC Nation Analysts Jordan Rodgers and Tim Tebow discussed whether Georgia head coach Kirby Smart should start JT Daniels or Stetson Bennett in the Bulldogs’ game against Florida Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see the reference here to QBR, and in other pieces seen SRB's glowing credentials, then a statement something like "if he qualified for listing". What are the requirements for consideration? Number of games; number of minutes; etc?

• Options
    CballGetBallCballGetBall Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Hey Jack Leo, guest writer, we are actually 7-0

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I knew Tebow's response before reading it. Obviously, he would pick the guy that can run and make plays. Heck, I didn't even know that he had switched positions to be a Tight End.

My only concern is that Smart does what he and Monken chose is the right player to WIN and re-evaluate that as needed. Both have earned the right and as I've mentioned in the past, Bennett is an Aaron Murray while Daniels is a Stafford. Compare their college stats with us and decide which one you'd choose. There's not a clear answer.

You can say that Daniels wasn't healthy enough to play last year in Florida but I bet he was. Always remember how Saban put in the Freshman Tua at halftime to with the NC. That was a bold move and it's what you need to do to win it all. If Bennett runs into difficulties, Smart needs to be put in JT.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is Bennett until game time and even then Smart says he reserves the option to re-evaluate. Why at that time would he? Maybe JT made better passes to the back of the team bus? (Kidding).

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Well I hope all Dawgs fans enjoy the game. And I Do sincerely mean that. But thanks to a war over $$$ by Tegna & Dish I won’t get to see it. Soooo we made reservations with Best Western on TUESDAY !! They just called about 45 minutes ago and said that they Can’t & Won’t honor our reservations for TODAY because we live less than 60 miles away and are considered local !! I can’t stream the game because our internet service we pay a fortune for Stinks, Stank, Stunk !! I tell y’all the “No Care” attitude is becoming more and more prevalent in this country !! Desk Clerk got **** with me when I asked her to merely forward our complaint to management. After her repeating the same line over and over she finally agreed to pass a note to her manager on Monday !! Oh well guess I’ll have to take a giant leap Backward to the days of Larry Munson !! Go Dawgs stomp them mud lizards !! That will ease my pain greatly !! Y’all that traveled Please Be Safe and have a great time !!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish they would stop the comparisons. 52 passes in 3 games? This is going to make a lot of people mad but here goes. The bugs from Atlanta, when theyran the triple option, still threw that many passes. And everyone keeps forgetting that SB has also thrown 2 int's against the 2 worse teams we played. I know starting vs. off the bench.

Kickoff now. GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will support Stetson Bennett as the #2 QB all day. But he's not better than JT Daniels. JT is the starter and will give GA the best chance to win it all. I'm hoping they're just giving JT an additional week for recovery and to get back in sync with all his receivers and Tight Ends.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Here is a question, for the DGD faithful: Is there a top 5 ranked program that would swap out their starting QB for Stetson, right now?

• Options

Only disagreement, you compare Stetson and JT Daniels coming out of high school (JT: Top QB in the nation as a SOPHOMORE and top player in the nation (all positions) as a JUNIOR)??? Come on. It's not even close. And everybody knows it. No knock on Stetson. I love the guy; needs a statue on campus as one of the truest DGDs ever. But as players there is no comparison. Kirby Smart and DawgNation (with the exception of Mike and Connor) are lost in the rapture.

• Options