Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations after ambushing Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,472 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations after ambushing Florida

Georgia football beat Florida on Saturday to move to 8-0 on the season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ponceinletdawgfanponceinletdawgfan Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

I don’t get it - look at Bennet’s numbers. JT couldn’t beat that? Really? Credit to Bennet, but I wouldn’t blame JT for transferring. Good luck to Bennet beating Alabama.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My instant observations...many say defenses win Championships, but my question is can our offense win one???

The offensive performance today wasn't good. Stetson throwing 2 interceptions on poorly thrown balls. 354 yards of total offense will probably not win a Championship, 4/9 on 3rd downs will probably not win a Championship, and scoring so few offensive points as we did today won't beat Bama or win a Championship. We still haven't had to play from behind, and Jones picked us apart on the final drive that scored the only FL TD. Bama has the ability to do the same thing on drive after drive, so we're going to need to crank up our high flying offense.

Great defensive performance as usual, but we have got to get our offense moving much more efficiently.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

I have been a big Bennett fan, but the two ridiculously awful throws this afternoon—one bad judgement and the other awful location—have me hoping Georgia starts Daniels next game.

Edit: I add that the enitre offense played poorly at every position.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2021

The QB decision does matter and IMO Mike and Connor are the only ones remotely close to the UGA program who get it. Kirby Smart is infected with the DGD disease. Heaven help any quarterback who ever comes to Athens from Cali or Washington or elsewhere. You will be second place behind any kid with a deer stand and a pinch in his cheek (See, e.g., Jake Fromm - whom I love and follow on the Bills but was not the best QB to come thru Athens in his time).

Stetson Bennet is a great kid. Nobody disputes that. But JT Daniels is one of the finest QBs to come onto the scene in a decade. Want to run tape on the FL game? Want to see the missed checks at the line, missed progs, double coverage throws (a recurring theme)? Come on, COACH! Get your head our of your red/black hind quarters.

As a Michigan guy (hey, UGA law school so don't hate), it reminds me of the whole Brady fiasco at UM.

Maybe we just have to wait., for a coach who can love his school and still make cogent decisions w/o emotion.

Fact: UGA cannot beat ALA or OK (playoff top 4 game) with Stetson at QB.

But hey, big whoops for Kirby and the "good ole' boy" theme which keeps UGA from achieving what the players deserve.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I had the same thought that our defense will get stressed at some point, and I thought this is the game. Florida has a good offense, but I thought we should be able to contain them to around 20 points and our offense would score enough points to win. But I didn't expect our defense was able to totally dominate, and I didn't expect our offense to play this poorly.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yall couch coaches kill me. Bennett did have a off game but the offense only had 58 plays and scored like you would want when the defense gets a turnover. Stats mean nothing