Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Recruiting decided 2021 Georgia football-Florida game and Kirby Smart knows it

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageRecruiting decided 2021 Georgia football-Florida game and Kirby Smart knows it

Kirby Smart understands why recruiting is so important to the Georgia football program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby is going to be high on everyone's list of elite (there's that word again) coaches in the years to come. I suspect that UGA boosters are going to have to dig deep to keep him where he belongs. I don't think that he is the type who has to have the highest salary but he must be competitively compensated.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When he arrived I knew Kirby Smart would stack layers of talent. I knew he'd be a good recruiter, but I had no idea how great he'd be as a recruiter. He sets a very high bar. Now everyone knows of course.

I knew he'd be very good at building a team with true depth. Great players would wait their turn, learning, getting stronger. I didn't know how good he'd be at using their talent from day one. His backups contribute mightily.

The under-looked aspects of Kirby's team building are assessment and development. He's finding three star gems and polishing them to perfection. He recruits great athletes who also are of good character and are smart students, smart players, and smart team members.

We have been blessed with Kirby. In recruiting success breeds success. He will be even better as his teams continue to impress on the national stage and make beating our rivals such as Florida look easy.

Go, Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A building is as good as its foundation...Kirby has secured a solid foundation in this Georgia team via recruiting. Development is next as the superstructure goes up, then the roof or covering...the coaches. Take one structural piece away and the edifice is compromised. UGA .... elite team builders. #1 ranked team and #1 in recruiting and a development staff the envy of the SEC. Now that's a Dawghouse!

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jim Wallace and UGA66, you both are right about not only recruiting, but development. Hey Conner, how about an article about the unbelievable development of 3-stars and walk-ons. Most programs even have 4 and 5 star players that could be considered "busts". Kirby and his staff have made the difference with so many guys like Dan Jackson and Stetson Bennett, as well as proper development of players like Jordan Davis. Even players who have transferred elsewhere have often had enough development that they are performing well for their new teams. Seems to me that this staff recruits not only talent, but character as well. Some players with lots of talent are not able to handle ( after being "superstars" in high school ) being part of a "team first" organization, but our roster is full of players who have bought in to the team concept. That takes high character regardless of talent. By "buying in" to the team concept, every player on the roster, from the starters to the scout team players, is contributing to the success of the team. As a fan, I love the results they are achieving with the team concept.

• KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 76 ✭✭ Sophomore

I absolutely love this football team, Go Dogs!