Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia mammoth home favorite over Missouri even with unpredictable QB situation

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia mammoth home favorite over Missouri even with unpredictable QB situation

The No. 1-ranked Georgia football team is expected to roll all over Missouri next Saturday in Athens, opening as a 37 1/2-point favorite even though it has one of the more curious and unsettled quarterback situations in college football.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Management of the quarterback position has not been ‘erratic’.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lets hope we beat Missouri so bad it's current commitments will rethink their decision.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith

I am flattered that you would attack my post! 😉

Your definition proves my point. 😎

• Options
    Gaowens58Gaowens58 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

If UGA is to win the Natty we need JT playing in the home stretch. Mailman can"t deliver the mail at Alabama.

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

My guess is he starts Stet, then brings in JT in the 2nd quarter to finish the game. Kirby needs to see what Daniels has after all the time off. If we get to the National Championship game that means 15 games - we're barely over halfway into the season. There's A LOT of games left to play. Both will play and we'll be just fine.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FL rattled Stets a bit.....he did not have a pretty game but adequate enough to allow the offense to deliver on defense caused turnovers. Had he not capitalized on those...you would have seen JT. IMHO. We will see JT.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like the notion. Listening to the kid talk, though, his thought seems to be that he wants to help MO turn things around. Big Boy Beating may just cause him to double down.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson Bennett IV is a terrific #2 QB. Lucky to have him when needed.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

37 1/2. Amazing!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no problem with Bennett starting against Florida. With all the time Daniels missed it was a logical decision. I think we'll see Daniels next week.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doesn't Mizzou have a quarterback "situation" of its own? Didn't their starting quarterback leave the game against Vandy with an injury. Haven't heard an update on his status, but he didn't return to that game, leaving it in the hands of a freshman. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Guess Mike has no other horse to ride than play "the QB situation." For days...and weeks... It's pathetic how you write for clicks. Man, please do some research like a real journalist and find something else to cover. Seriously...

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am ready to see JT also and I believe we will. “High flying” sounds good! However, with his fragility, according to the Dawg Nation self proclaimed experts that frequent this site, if JT aggravates his lat injury or gets any other injury that keeps him out another month or so, the Dawgs may as well pack it in since there is no way Bennett can lead the team to a natty. If Kirby is “clueless” now for playing Stets, then why put him in with all the chips on the table? I guess you QB experts that are so absolute in your evaluation of Bennett’s lack of ability would be ready to ditch the season and see what Beck and Vandagriff can do in preparation for next season. Talk about clueless!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You have to wonder if JT’s lack of mobility, coupled with the lack of receiver experience is simply not a good fit for Monken’s offense? It may also speak to the questions that still exist about the offensive line. How much money is JT losing in draft status each quarter he sits? I imagine the real story won’t be told until after the season.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate these pretend to be positive pieces but get in a negative dig to stir up attention. It's time to stop talking about the QB position.