Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia stock report: stars shine in 34-7 win over Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: stars shine in 34-7 win over Florida

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Georgia remains the most dominant team in college football and continues its march toward the SEC Championship Game entering the month of November.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree on all your points Henddawg. It was a great team win by an amazing group of athletes this staff has brought in and coached up. However, at the QB position, I and several others here have been saying for weeks we are going to need JT to finish out this season to be prepared for the SECCG and hopefully two playoff games. I’m hoping it’s Kirby’s plan for JT to get most of the reps this week and we see him against Missouri. I know some will think this is a slam on Stets and it’s not. He has done a phenomenal job and is a DGD but JT is going to give us the best chance to win against the big boys for a championship run. Go Dawgs!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was great to see Kearis Jackson with a solid game - I was getting a bit concerned after his other special teams earlier.

It nice that you don't have "stock down", but if Bennett was a stock (or in fantasy football, I guess) it would've absolutely tanked after the game. Granted, his stock with the huge QBR and such was WAY above what a typical walk-on would be, but I'd say that it dropped down to more of the levels of last year pre-Bama. Great guy who goes all-out, but if we make it to the NC game it won't be because of him (unfortunately).

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Love the effort our guys came out and played with!

Hot Pod’s miss and MRJ’s drop came as a result of nerves. Jacksonville does some strange things to Georgia.

went back and rewatched the game. Florida played their best game of the year and we still put it to em.

go dawgs!

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was fun, the Dawgz were a little rusty from the off week, but tenacious all game long. Dawgz should be sharp from here on out. Got to continue working on short yardage on 3rd downs.😎

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m in line with all the comments here thus far. This was a Great win for our Dawgs !! As some have already stated strange things happen/have happened in this game in Jax. It wouldn’t matter if the mud lizards had loss every game they played prior the Dawgs will get their ( UF) best game of the year. So going in it’s always a little spooky. Great team effort by the Dawgs. Regarding Stets, I am Very, Very, appreciative of his contribution to the Dawgs. With JT out injured I honestly don’t think the Dawgs would be here had it not been for Stets contribution there are a couple of games in particular that he helped pave the way. No I didn’t say or even allude to that he did it in his own. He had Allot of help. But he Did help the Dawgs to get here. In perfect fashion ? No. But if Dawgs fans will go back and look at QBs at UGA they ALL threw INTs at times AND some of those times were at critical moments in the game. But now it’s time to enter JT Daniels. For so many reasons I won’t bother to indicate them all. None of them are necessarily negatives about Stets. It’s just time. I do however take comfort in the knowledge that. God Forbid ( and I stress that !!) JT were to get injured they could bring Stets in and the Dawgs would Still have a chance Even against higher level teams. It’s time for the JT show though. ******* It’s possible though I don’t know how probable that Kirby might start Stets, get the score up Then bring in JT with Allot of game time left. I know that wouldn’t sit well with some, but it might happen. If JT is fully healthy and I’m assuming he is I will be scratching my head in wonder if Kirby doesn’t bring him in if not at the start with Allot of game left. I much prefer he start the game. Need to see how quickly he sheds the rust and if there’s any signs At All of any pain or discomfort. This might be the best JT Daniels we have Ever seen !!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I apologize if I’m hijacking this thread. But just want to qualify my comment about why this might be the best version of JT that Dawgs fans have Ever seen. Last year COVID. Extremely limited pre-season practice. Then there was the knee injury both physically and I’m pretty sure in his psyche to. Then we found out that he actually played the Clemson game hurt, and was hampered by injuries the rest of the way. Ah but Now I think it’s a fair assumption that he’s 100% or as close as he’s ever been. Plus he’s a more mature, experienced version Even though injuries have hampered him. So I would think it’s a matter of shaking off the rust. I Expect he will be a little sloppy at first, a smidgen of nerves (he Knows all eyes are on him) and allot of rust. But I think every snap he will get better and better !! The icing on the cake would be to see George Pickens come trotting out there !! It would be very similar for George, a little sloppy at first then Boom !! Lastly I’d love to see Dom Blaylock back as I think he’s a DGD and I just want and hope to see him succeed !! Go Dawgs !!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all know that we have a NC caliber defense, the question that remains is do we have the right QB playing? Do we have a dominant O-Line? THere were several times Saturday that the Gator defense shut down the run and hurried SB, flushing him out of the pocket or he had to just throw it away. Our backs often had to try to make lemonade out of lemons.

We all know that last run by Zeus was after they had thrown in the towel. To his credit he made the cut and made the TD. BUt it was a scap TD.

I thought SB played decent, good enough to win of course, but his errors were not for being rushed by a DL or not being protected or the receiver ran the wrong route, they were when he had all day to throw it and he chose to throw to a receiver with a saftey over the top! Twice! IMO he was too anxious to get a big throw for a TD that would(could) cement his starting moving forward. He felt like he needed a bomb, so he gambled. To me it was either his pride in thinking he could somehow squeeze it in or his selfishness in trying to be"the guy." Neither is a good look.

Now fortunately because of the position the defense put us in, it didn't effect the outcome, THe two possibilities I mentioned are egregious, but the only other reason he did what he did was he didn't see the safety, and that is an even greater concern. I'd like to know how the coaches feel about those two throws.

I'm fine with taking a shot down field, I like being aggressive, but you have to know who has one on one and who has help. I've said this several times on here before that SB can "shoot you in" and he can also "shoot you out". THerein lies his greatest flaw, not his size or his arm strength or whether he was a walk on or not, but his occassional wrecklessness with the ball.

For the second time this year I saw CKS get in his face after a poor throw/decision on who to throw it to and SB wasn't having it. He turned away from Kirby with a look that didn't appreciate Kirby getting on him.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing "Stock Even" is Mike's PC way of saying "Stock Down." All the guys he mentioned -- with possible exception of Burton who I think has really been held back by injury -- did not play well Saturday. Why is Podlesny "in no danger of losing his job?" Are the backups that unreliable? Either that or coaches just giving him a pass because we haven't really needed him yet. And I've never been high on Rosemy-Jacksaint. Again, he had an (aborted) breakout game against Florida last year, which falsely raised expectations. Three catches for the YEAR? A half-lame Kearis Jackson had that many on Saturday alone, plus a TD. And Bennett? It's all been said. He's a great backup quarterback who has the good fortune of having a generational defense on the other side to help him. So he just hasn't been needed to win a game. And he likely wouldn't be needed the rest of the regular season. But the post-season is a different story and we need the 5-star back there. I hope we see him starting on Saturday, although CKS will spend all week parsing words about it. Go Dawgs!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Replying to https://forum.dawgnation.com/profile/BornADawg and am so new to this I don’t know how to reply directly great points on JT and my belief (more hope at this stage) is that it is JT’s show from here out I believe Kirby wanted to avoid using JT if possible given the nature of the game and will use the Mizzou game to let him acclimate and resume the starter role I agree he will be the 1 to lead us further in order to give us the best chance to win

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome aboard Henddawg! Lots of great Dawgs fans on here with some really good insight on our beloved Dawgs. To respond back to a fellow Dawg go to the post you want to reply to or comment on and click “quote”. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby got into Stets' face over those picks. Stets did not appreciate it. But, CKS lauded him for his legs as Stets can cover ground in a hurry and make great cuts and moves. Stets tends to fling it in a crowd under pressure, hoping the receiver makes the grab. Not good. In a much more impactful game...it could prove very costly. He checks down pretty well. More leverage on the throw and control. FL was able to...as I have said before...flush Stets out of the pocket and cause him to make poor decisions. That can happen to any QB really. JT is a quick release artist. You rarely flush him out. He is almost robotic in his actions. Good field general...most of the time....I had questions with Clemson...but I believe he was sore and nowhere near 100%. My opinion. Well, he is back at or near 100%. Mizzou i.s a great game to turn him loose. So Kirby...turn him loose. The proof is in the pudding so to speak. Give JT a chance to prove himself once again in a real time situation. What else are you saving him for? At some juncture he has to make an appearance.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always good to learn something new each day so thanks. Go DAWGS

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

"Burton was expected to be the leading receiver". Not by me. He is a nice WR2 or 3 but w/o significant development I do not see WR1 in his future at UGA. Seems like he is already being bypassed by others. That is why I was surprised LBurden choose MO. He could come in and PROBABLY be WR1 as a freshman. ZWhite stock soaring. White has clearly shown, with his speed, power, experience, toughness and availability, why he has always been the clear choice for RB1. SBIV had a pass blocked at the LOS vs FU. Very surprised we haven't seen more of that after Alabama blocked quite a few passes in last years game. I expect to see more passes blocked if SBIV continues to start.