Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-Missouri: Live updates, injury report, practice news for Week 10 game

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Missouri: Live updates, injury report, practice news for Week 10 game

Georgia football takes on Missouri on Saturday, Nov. 6.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Last time I checked the injury report there were 18, this time 15 and some of those will start....8 will not for sure. Blaylock and that hamstring puzzles me. Word is he is out.

Do not like noon games. Kirby praising Mizzou RB Badie....what a name for an RB. LOL. Badie. Sorry, could not resist the pun. UGA defense should take care of him. Point...Mizzou looked ineffective in that Vandy game. I guess Badie kept them in it. Close game. UGA took out Vandy 62 to 0. Again,do the math.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am all for hanging a 70 and a moon on Mizzou.😎

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've said repeatedly that I highly doubt Blaylock plays at all this year. And Kirby gave us the old "he's a lot closer this week than he was last week" spiel about Blaylock earlier this season so that really means nothing. And two surprises on the injury list: I thought Pickens was getting closer to playing. A couple of weeks ago he was listed as "Questionable." Now he's listed as "Out." Did he regress? And secondly, is Trezmen Marshall injured or is it something else?

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have news for some of you. You cannot judge how the Dawgs will play Mizzou with how the Dawgs beat Vandy 62-0 and then Mizzou struggling against Vandy. It is not an accurate meter at all. If the Dawgs come into the game clicking on all cylinders, offense and defense they could beat Mizzou 62-0, are if they have an off game then it could be a lot closer. They will have a tougher foe against Tennessee, but Mizzou comes first.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ Tommielee,

You are totally correct. Bama beat Florida by 2 points and we won by 27, but I have a hunch that doesn’t make us 25 points better than the Tide. We need to take it one game at a time and don’t take anyone for granted. I also agree that the Vols will be a very tough game. Go Dawgs!!!

• ypcregypcreg Posts: 295 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is important to be explosive, but it is also important to pick up those 3-4 yards on 3rd and 3. I think one of the most disappointing aspect of our offense is we didn't convert nearly enough of those 3rd and medium.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did you ever think that, maybe, the running game is not what it should be because the defenses/boxes are stacked against the run? That maybe the D doesn't fear the UGA passing game because of 1) lack of healthy WR's and 2) lack of QB arm talent to threaten all parts of the field?

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the remaining schedule, the offense must gain consistency & start putting the ball in the end zone. Without that incredible defensive stand by the defense Sat scoring one TD & setting the offense up with a short field, this game would have been at best 6-0 at best entering the 4th qtr.

Not looking past Mizzou but the Dawgs can't afford to have an "academic" or anemic offense with the upcoming game in Knoxville & the two trips to Atlanta on the horizon.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some times you have to give the opposing team some credit. Or at least some times you Should give the opposing team credit for being pretty good when you lose to them or they take it to the wire. Mizzou for this particular year is a very bad team. Very. Almost as bad as Vandy. So if the Dawgs lose this game or even if Mizzou makes it really close it will mean two things. 1) To many players for the Dawgs team bought into the rat poison and did not give their all in pre-game practices and the game itself. 2) The Dawgs are not the elite championship caliber team we thought they were. That said noon game or not and regardless of who starts at QB I think we will all see the Dawgs demolish Mizzou. The only Real and justified complaints that Kirby or we fans should have is IF the Dawgs come out and play sloppy at first. That is unacceptable. And shouldn’t happen with an elite team. If the Dawgs win 100-0 and start off sloppy I would hope Kirby chews their tails in the locker room !! The other complaint and Much More frustrating would be if JT doesn’t start or at the very least get the majority of the snaps for this game. With All due respect for Stets if KS starts him I would hope it would be very brief. There is plenty of justification for asking What If Stets got hurt ?? Just like the opposite of that scenario. So if JT is fully healthy I would think it would be wise to play him Allot in this game. But as I said in another thread Kirby is the head coach he knows light years more about what to do than I do, so I’ll trust his decisions. Go Dawgs !!

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bottom line is we have a great team but if we can’t throw the ball it’s sadly going to end in another pat on the back year what is the problem why can’t we throw the football like everybody else does our great defense mentality destroy our offense’s confidence in practice?

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to say, one of the advantages of the zoom call is that you can actually hear the reporters questions. They need to get a mic to pass around in the audience so the questions can be heard.