Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia practice report: Quarterbacks throwing deep, Dominick Blaylock approaching full speed

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia practice report: Quarterbacks throwing deep, Dominick Blaylock approaching full speed

ATHENS — Georgia receiver Dominick Blaylock was out of the black non-contact jersey he was previously seen wearing and into the same red one worn by healthy offensive teammates on Monday, looking closer to normal running routes in the practice period open to media.

Read the full story here

Comments

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whoo! Go Dawgs!!

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking forward to adding more air support terror to opposing defenses. GO Dawgz.😎

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we can get four healthy receiving threats, the need for Stets’ legs will diminish and it just might be JT time.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You get conflicting reviews of Dom Blaylock...this one says he is in a red shirt...news to me. What a welcome return addition to UGA's receiver corps he will be. Pickens I had heard was running N-S full speed but still could not cut...that is his specialty. There is hope some will return soon and start. Was not surprised to hear JT shoots a higher caliber bullet down range than Stetson. Both are accurate just takes Bennett's longer to reach the target receiver. Call it hang time. I need to see JT play real time in a game. He has a quick release as well. Nowhere near the wheels Stetson has, however. CKS will start the one with the best practice week,he continues to say. UGA needs a high scoring game against Mizzou, lift out of the 30s into another sphere.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you watch some of JT's HS film he was no slouch running the ball. Rushed for several hundred yards his Sophomore and JR seasons. He had quite the "stinky leg", I call it. Used to break down guys waiting to tackle him. Knee injury has slowed him significantly I suppose.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you @RedDawg. So much is being made about Bennett having the job because he can run, as if he's Mr. Swifty. But I distinctly recall before last season, that Monken said in an interview that he was pleasantly surprised at just how much mobility JT has. And this was BEFORE he was cleared to play. And remember, Mac Jones won a National Championship at Bama last year and nobody thought he was Johnny Manziel. If you can throw it and your receivers can catch it, you ain't gotta run it. And thank you @UGA66, because I, too, am confused on the conflicting injury reports. I still say I'll believe Blaylock plays when I see it. And two weeks ago, Pickens was also out of the black, non-contact jersey, making cuts against one DB in practice and listed as "questionable" on the injury list. Now, he's back in the Black jersey, reports are he can only go North and South and he's listed as "out" on the injury list. So what happened? I'd just like to know if some of these receivers (Smith, Burton, Jacksaint) aren't catching passes in games because they're injured, or because we can't get them the ball? I note that McConkey and Bowers, who aren't injured I don't think, haven't been catching a ton of passes of late, either. So who knows?

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The club AA wore cost him a tackle for sure on sat, but his presence was definitely needed.

• Eric_CEric_C Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know for sure, but I get the feeling the offense is going to take out some of their frustration on Mizzou. This has first quarter blowout written all over it with the offense wanting to atone for the sloppy passing game against UF. Look for a focused offense intent on quieting the doubters to light up the Tigers and their abysmal 124th ranked defense early and often.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our offense isn't prolific.Our defense is. THe Offense does barely enough to win, the coaches when we get up a couple of scores we start milking the clock. THey have shut SB down and now we know why, ala the 2 unforced interceptions. Unless our offense can raise it's game our hopes will be crushed by BAMA.