Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

On the Beat: Sporting News expert puts spin on CFP rankings, Georgia defense, Alabama ‘kryptonite’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageOn the Beat: Sporting News expert puts spin on CFP rankings, Georgia defense, Alabama ‘kryptonite’

ATHENS — Georgia football is expected to be No. 1 when the first College Football Playoff rankings are released on Tuesday night, but the conversation gets much more interesting after that.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Both of the losses in 2018 and 2019 were the second ones of the season, with the 2019 drubbing by LSU added to the head scratcher loss to USCjr. We are in if we finish the regular season undefeated, no matter what happens in ATL.

• ypcregypcreg Posts: 295 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we lose SECCG and both OK and Cincy are undefeated, it's between us and a one-loss Big10 Champion (and potentially a one-loss Pac 10 champion Oregon). There is no guarantee in my opinion. If UGA and ALA are ranked 1,2 (or ALA in top 4 at least) before SECCG, then I can see we are in no matter what.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Voters have no respect for UGA. UGA will only make the big dance, if undefeated. If Dawgs lose to Bama in seccg, hello sugar bowl. It's not fair. But it's life as a Georgia sports fan. UGA does not get the name-based love fest of an Ohio State, Bama, Michigan, or Notre Dame. Those schools get points just for fielding a team. UGA will need to win on the big stage for several years in order to build their brand and start getting some "benefit of the doubt" votes.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I don't know, guys. There was a time when I was convinced that not winning the conference would automatically amount to being shown the door in the post-season. But the amount of respect this team has been getting for weeks now is starting to change my mind. Specifically, after their last two outings, I have a hard time seeing an undefeated Cincy as a lock to get in. We'll undoubtedly be ranked ahead of them entering December, and if our only loss is to the team that would then be #1, I don't see them getting in ahead of us.

Who knows. Maybe I'm just getting suckered in. We may get some insight in the next couple hours that'll have me rethinking this.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why mess with the voters. Beat everybody dead, cover 'em with quicklime, and bury them deep.

All this talk of losing to Bama is assuming Bama plays in the SEC Championship Game. It's also assuming we can't beat the Elephants when we all know we can.

Let's destroy our assigned opposition regardless of what school they represent.

Go, Dawgs!